Chapter 5: A Russian Case-Part 1

Days after Marie got kidnapped from her apartment and taken to Marconi's penthouse, certain events started happening that got her friends curious. First, a couple days after Marie called Jones and lied to him that she was going to be working late and she wanted him to feed Lucy before he went home. Then a few days later, she started to refuse Ramirez driving her back to her apartment and told him she was going to walk home.

But what she was really doing was walking a couple blocks away from the station to where Marconi's car was waiting and he drove her back to his penthouse, took her clothes off and molested her body. Meanwhile, King was doing some investigating of his own. What he was trying to figure out were two things; one, was the mysterious man that was murdered in the alleyway, two was why Marie was acting strangely in front of her friends and three was the origin of the locket around her neck.

After a week, Marie got a day off and Marconi ordered her to stay in the penthouse without putting any clothes on and enjoy what was around her. Marie explored the big apartment, but couldn't find anything that interested her except television, books and magazines and cooking in the kitchen which turned Marconi on when he came back and saw her covered with flour and he decided to make love to her as he cleaned her in the shower.

Soon that one week was over and the next week rolled in. One day, Marie woke up sore after Marconi did another round on her. She soon looked at the digital clock and her eyes went wide when she saw what time it was. Marie then flung out of bed ignoring the pain in her pelvis and back and desperately tried to get her underwear and uniform on. Marie's rushing around woke up Marconi and he rose up rubbing the sleep out if his eyes and asked, "What's the hurry babe? The house on fire?"

"No you idiot! I'm going to be late for work," Marie snapped at him while he stepped out of bed and out his pants on.

Once Marconi got his pants on, he strolled over to Marie as she tried to button up her shirt and he reached around her to try and loosen them, but Marie tried to brush his hands away cause she had no time to fool around. After her shirt was buttoned and she grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl, Marie went to where the shoes are and grabbed a pair without thinking and put them on.

Marconi then trudged up behind her and asked, "Are you sure you're going to be late? You don't have to go today."

"I was almost late three times because of you and my boss is not the nicest of people if you're late," Marie snapped at him and once she got the shoes on she ran out the door and slammed it behind her.

Marconi rolled his eyes and thought, that woman is always in a hurry. Working that much doesn't seem to help her complexion. Suddenly, Marconi looked on the shoe shelf to see a pair of high heels missing and Marie's shoes next to the empty cabinet. It was then Marconi thought that Marie must've been in so much of a hurry she accidentally grabbed a pair of extra high heels instead of her own shoes. Marconi then chuckled and said to himself, "If she gets a case today and she thinks to stop at my club, I'll give them to her." And he decided to head to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

Meanwhile, Marie was running towards the station, but as she was running she felt like she was going slower than usual and she kept on tripping too. Marie then thought, that's odd, I'm usually faster than this. Suddenly, she heard a car horn and she looked to see Jones pull up next to her. He rolled down the passenger side window and said to her, "Hey there partner. You need a lift?" And Marie smiled at him and stepped inside his car and soon the two of them were on there way.

While they were driving to the station, Jones looked at Marie and said her, "I didn't think you were an early bird Marie cause when I went to your apartment this morning you weren't there."