Chapter 47: One Wedding and a Funeral-Part 1

A few days later, Marie was in her room putting the finishing touches on her face by applying a pink-toned lipstick on her lips. Once she stepped away, she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled when she saw sh3 was wearing a red strapless ball gown, her eyes were shadowed powder blue and she was wearing the pink lipstick she just applied to her lips and her hair was curled up and held with bobby pins. As she exited her bedroom and stepped into the living room, Paul, Scott and Oliver looked and went wide-eyed with surprise when they saw how beautiful she looked.

Oliver clapped his little hands and said, "Pretty."

Paul agreed with the little toddler and then he looked at Marie and said, "You're pretty lucky Marie. I wish Scott and I were invited to Lola Vallez's wedding too. But we rarely know her except when we listen to her songs."

"I heard she's marrying an amazing pilot who's practically famous for his sky stunts. Rumor has it that Lola invited some close celebrity friends of hers including the mayor and his mother," Scott explained.

Marie smiled brightly and said, "Well I sure hope it'll be a good ceremony. Everyone deserves someone special in their lives."

Paul then said, "What are gonna do with Jones after you get transferred?"

Marie's smile faltered and began to think about it. Cause she knows eventually, she'll have to leave Grimsborough and that would mean leaving behind the friends she made and the man she loves. However, she has to focus on her goal; to find out who it was who killed her parents and why. Just then, Scott said, "Well you don't have to worry about that now sis. Just go to Ms. Vallez's wedding and have a good time. You can't let something like worrying about your best friend get you down. Besides, it didn't get you down when you put google eyes on our roomba."

Paul then glared at his son and said, "But it got me down when you snuck a few sips of my whiskey!" And Scott looked away and laughed sheepishly in embarrassment just as a google-eyed roomba whizzed past followed by Kerry Ann's hamster ball.

Just then, the doorbell rang and Marie knew that Jones has come to pick her up. When she opened the door, Marie saw Jones was dressed handsomely in his tuxedo and Jones smiled brightly when he saw Marie dressed beautifully in her gown. He then said to her, "Are you all ready to go Marie? We need to go right now if we don't want to be late to Lola Vallez's wedding!"

Marie gave Jones a broad grin and told him, "I'm all ready if you are David baby! Let's go!" And soon they set out to Lola's wedding.

While they were walking to Jones' car, Jones was starting to get all giddy and he said excitedly, "I'm so happy that she invited us! It's been all over the news for weeks and I heard there will be an aerobatics show and we're gonna meet so many celebrities there too!"

"Well if you're excited, then I'm excited too," Marie said to Jones as they were entering his car and they drove off towards the reception.

At the wedding ceremony, Jones and Marie helped themselves to some champagne and Jones looked around at the party with an excited look on his face. Soon, Jones and Marie were joined by the bride to be Lola Vallez, as well as Mayor Johnson and his mother Serena. Lola then said while blushing, "I can't believe this! In a short while I'll be married and then I'll hop on a private jet with Walter and fly off on our honeymoon!"

Mayor Johnson then took a sip from his glass, raised it and said to Lola, "Lola, you and Walter deserve all the happiness in the world! And thank you again for inviting us to the wedding of the century!"

Serena let out a humph when she saw all the paparazzi around and she said, "It seems to be a bit too glitzy for my taste, but I suppose the champagne is adequate enough!"