Chapter 35: At the End of the Rope-Part 1

(AN: Before I start, I want to say thank you to all my readers that helped me reach 4K and 100 chapters. You kittens rock and I hope you all support me and my stories in the future! Thank you very much😊)

A few days later after the Quails game, Marie returning to her desk after she delivered some papers when she heard Jones groaning out loud. As soon as she heard it, Marie thought, I wonder what got David so upset? And she decided to go to his desk and ask what was wrong. Once she got there, Marie looked at Jones and saw that he was surfing through Friendnet and she asked out of curiosity, "Hey Jones, what's up?"

Jones looked up from his computer and towards Marie and said to her, "It's a good thing you're here Marie! You won't believe what I found! There's this Friendnet group that's posting pictures of me and I don't even know how they even managed to take them!"

Looking closely at the computer, Marie saw that he was right when she saw pictures of Jones eating, Jones wearing an eyepatch and even one of him wearing his scuba suit. Marie smirked and said, "They can't be that bad. I mean those are times from our previous cases."

"Are you kidding me?! I look stupid on half of them! And the people are looking at them are calling me; you don't even want to know," Jones complained and then looked down sad,y while Marie rubbed his back consoling him.

Just then, Ramirez showed up and told Marie that Chief King wanted to see her in his office. After he heard that, Jones looked up and thought that the chief probably heard about the infamy of his pictures and he hopes that Friendnet will take them down once Jones tells the chief. After they entered the chief's office, King was about to greet Marie when Jones interrupted him and said, "Chief, what are we going to do about Friendnet? Can we legally shut it down?"

Curious about what he was talking about, the chief asked, "What the devil are you blabbering about Jones?"

"The group on Friendnet that's been posting embarrassing pictures of me! Surely that's why you called us yo your office right?" Jones said, but King slapped his hand on his forehead and thought, sometimes I get so tired of all of this.

King then looked at Marie and said to her, "Major, I've called you here because something has happened at the university. A student has committed suicide in the library." And after she heard the news, Marie eyes went wide with shock.

Jones also got shocked, but he straightened his face and asked, "But, what does a suicide have to do with us?"

King then stood up and shouted at the male officer, "Inspector Jones, when student commits suicide on college grounds, I will make damn sure that it's not the beginning of a series of unfortunate events! I want the both of you to investigate this like you're solving a murder! Now go!" And after they saluted the two officers left to check out the library.

As soon as they got there, they looked up and saw the girl hanging from the rafters. Jones looked at the victim sadly and said, "I've never seen a suicide victim like this before. I didn't think it would be so unsettling considering some of the gruesome crime scenes we've worked on so far, but it's in a place I hate the most. I really hate libraries cause they're so eerily quiet."

Marie then picked up an ID that was underneath the victim's feet and when she looked at it, she said to her partner, "Shake it off David, we have a mystery to solve. According to this ID, our victim is named Lisa Edwards and she's a freshman here. From the looks of it, she has a withdrawn personality and she spent a lot of time in this library."

Jones then found a planner and flipped through it until it stopped at a certain date and he said, "Apparently, she asked her best friend Penelope Rivera to meet up with her this morning. Whenever you're ready, we can go and talk to her Marie."