Chapter 4: The Dockyard Killer-Part 3

Back at the station, Jones was sitting at his desk shirtless, while Marie was applying antiseptic to the bullet wound on his arm. Earlier when they got back, Marie extracted the bullet from his arm and volunteered to put first aid on his wound. Jones clenched his teeth in pain when he felt the stinging of the antiseptic and Marie looked at him worried and told him sorry and to keep still.

Suddenly, Nathan cam into the room and saw the scene unfolding before him. He went over to the two officers and asked, "Damn it Jones, what happened?"

As Marie finished cleaning the wound and started to bandage it, Jones explained, "Well, some idiot shot at me and then they kidnapped Marie. Good news is I got her back."

Marie then finished tying the bandage into place and started putting the healing supplies away. Nathan looked at her and over to Jones and said him, "Seems like this case is giving you more drama than ever."

Jones then began to put his shirt and tie back on and said to Nathan, "Aside from the car chase and the incident a few minutes ago, we had to deal with a crybaby ex-girlfriend, a drug dealer who is the biggest asshole ever and then there's Bart."

Marie just finished putting the first aid kit away and looked over to Jones and said to him, "Now, I know you don't like Bart Jones, but we need to focus on trying to bring justice to Dan Broke." And Jones sighed out in exasperation, knowing Marie is right.

Nathan then looked down at the bullet in the plastic bag on Marie's desk and asked if he can look it over and she agreed to let him. Marie hoped that with Nathan's help, they'll find out where the bullet came from and who it was registered to. Soon, they got back on topic with their case as the chief called them to his office. Once they were there and in front of King's desk, King explained to them that they won't get much information out either Bulldog or Sally.

Shocked, Jones protested that they were so close and he told him that they can try to get them to spill the beans. King sighed and said, "You can try in about a week, but you two don't have a week. What you two need to do is find Dan's murder weapon." And he assigned them to the alley to try and find the murder weapon that killed their victim.

Once they got to the alley, Marie and Jones looked around until Marie found a pocket knife with what seemed to be traces of blood on it. Jones looked at it and had the same thought Marie gas and they hightailed it back to the station. Once they got back to the station, Marie collected a sample from the blade and sent it to Grace to be analyzed. All they had to do was wait and see if the blood on the knife was Dan's.

After a few hours, Grace called them to the lab to show them the results. She told Jones and Marie that not only does the blood match Dan Brown's but Nathan also compared it to the stab wound on his body. As if they were celebrating in their heads, Jones and Marie were happy to know that the pocket knife they found was their murder weapon.

Grace then took a magnifying glass, placed it over the knife and said to them, "There's also this weird mark on the knife, but I can't quite make it out." And the two officers looked through and their eyes went wide when they saw the mark looked like a B wearing a dog collar.

Marie then began to go through the clues in her head on what the killer's attributes were. They wear a skull badge, they're left-handed and they have red hair. She ruled out the four people she and Jones met today cause James is right-handed and so is Gloria and neither have red hair. She ruled out Sally cause she has red hair, is left-handed, but she wasn't wearing a skull badge when they met. Marie also ruled out Bart cause he was wearing a skull badge when they met and Jones told her he was left-handed, he doesn't have red hair.