Chapter 56: There Will Be Blood-Part 1

A week later, Marie and Jones, as well as the rest of the team, continued to search for the truth about the Crimson Order and the identity of their leader too. At the hotel, Scott donned on his uniform and when he gathered up his stuff, Oliver asked, "Where you going Scottie?"

Scott smiled at the little toddler, rubbed his head and said, "I going to work Ollie. I'm gonna help Sissy catch some really mean people who are hurting a lot of other people. You stay here with Mrs. Fusselpot and stay safe."

Irma looked at Scott and said, "You be careful yourself Scott. Your father wouldn't be too happy if you turned up dead."

Scott nodded and he exited the hotel room. At Julian's house, Julian was preparing his backpack and he looked out his bedroom window and thought, Sissy. At the cemetery, a mysterious person put a bouquet of flowers in front of Samuel King's grave and they walked away. Meanwhile at the hospital, Marie was with the doctor looking at Paul's x-ray. The doctor pointed to the fracture and she said to Marie, "As you can see, his leg is pretty badly broken. It might take him a few months to have it healed up with the right amount of physical therapy."

Marie looked at the doctor and said, "I appreciate what your doing doctor thank you. Let me know if there's any changes." And the doctor agreed to do that.

After Marie was done talking to the doctor, she entered Paul's hospital room where Gerald was sitting in one of the chairs reading the newspaper. She approached Paul's bed and said, "I just talked to the doctor dad. I promise I'll catch the Crimson Order and make sure this city sees peace again."

Paul placed a hand on Marie's cheek, smiled at her and said, "I know you will. Now you be careful out there and come back alive."

Marie told him she will and then she looked at Gerald and said, "Gerald, please take care of him for me."

Gerald looked up from his paper and told Marie she will and soon she said her goodbyes to the two men and left for work. After Marie was gone, Paul smiled and said, "Amy is going to be one lucky girl if she has Marie for a partner."

"She sure will," Gerald said in agreement and he took out his wallet and looked at the photo of him and his son Ayden who was in his scouts uniform thinking about all the good times he's missing ever since he divorced his wife.

(AN: You guys remember the case 'No Smoke Without Fire' right? Ayden Young was the scout that vowed to protect his mom after his former scoutmaster abused her in their relationship.)

Once Marie got to the station, she entered the office and she saw everyone running around in a tizzy and the phones were ringing off the hook. She the saw Daniel run past her and she asked, "What's going on Danny boy?"

Daniel looked at her and was about to answer, when Ophelia answered for him and said, "Since this whole Crimson Order thing was getting out of hand, we sent out an anonymous notice to the people of Grimsborough if they've witnessed any strange activities within their vicinity over the past few years or more."

Shocked, Marie asked, "Why the hell would you do that?"

"You would've done the same thing too Marie," a voice behind her said and she saw that it was Olivia Rosa, her rival.

Olivia scrunched her eyes and said, "Like you and Jonesy, we too are tired of having our lives toyed with. Those crimson bastards have been killing off people for 400 years now and it's about time we took a stand!"

Marie could almost feel the tears well up in her eyes knowing that she had friends and frenimies on her side. Just then, Scott ran into the office and he said while catching his breath, "Sorry I'm late, but the cabs were running super slow today."