Chapter 26: The Summoning-Part 2

As they returned to their desks, Ramirez approached Marie and Jones and told Marie that they just got a phone call telling them that the spirit's have come to claim the soul of their victim Simon Armstrong. He then told them that the source of the call came from the cemetery and after he told them that, Ramirez asked in a nervous voice, "Do you think ghosts can handle phones?"

Jones then rolled his eyes and thought, here we go again! He then said to Ramirez, "No they can't Ramirez cause they don't even exist! It's probably some kid who thinks that someone else's death is a funny joke!"

"But it is kind if weird. If they knew that it was Simon who died, then they must've known about the ritual. So whoever it was that called, they must've known what happened," Marie observed.

Jones highly agreed with Marie's theory and suggested that they check out the cemetery hoping that the person who called them is still there. Once Jones, gave Marie a lady's first gesture and she started walking he then followed her. Meanwhile in another dimension, a figure who was holding a little bear cub was holding a little cube with an orb light inside and this orb light had the initials S.A on them. The figure then smiled gently and then looked at the other orb lights floating around and he said, "Don't worry, I know she'll save you like she saved all the others. And then you can join them and stay with her as she goes off to find more people to help. I think I should make my presence known to her afterwards."

"Wait, who are you?" the bear asked.

The figure smiled gently and said, "I'm..."

At the cemetery, Marie was looking around the headstones while Jones was looking for the person who called. Suddenly, Marie found a trash bag just as Jones was approaching her and he said, "There's no trace of the person who called us. I tried to look around, but it's too dark from the main path."

"We should probably look in this trash bag I just found. Maybe they left us something that could help us know who they are..." Marie started to explain when she was interrupted and then the two officers were approached by two young women.

One of the women who was wearing a little top hat and had long black hair said to them, "Hello there officers! We're here like we said! I'm the one who called you and I stand by my word! Like I told you the spirits have come to claim Simon's soul like they always do!"

Jones then jumped back in surprise and asked, "Where the hell have you been hiding?! Never mind that, you claim you know Simon? Were you a friend of his?"

The other woman who had piercings on her bottom lip, short black hair that was cut in a bob and a spiked choker around her neck said, "We both were and we saw all the commotion outside the crypt so we hid and we heard you talk about it. So we thought you might want our statements."

Jones then placed a hand over his heart and said, "Well, will you stop sneaking up on us like that otherwise I'm gonna have a heart attack! But you're right, we do need to talk to the both of you."

After deciding carefully, Marie chose to talk to the women first and soon they introduced themselves; the one with the piercings and spiked choker was Ophelia Lincoln, while her friend with the tiny top hat was Elvira Milton. The first person Marie talked to was Ophelia and the young woman looked down sadly and asked, "So, what do you want to know about Simon? He was a really nice guy and he didn't even deserve to die like that."

"Well for starters, did you know Simon a long time Ms. Lincoln?" Marie asked.

Ophelia then explained, "Actually, I knew Steven first and then Simon came along. He was really nice, but the two of them took this satanist shit way too seriously. I mean, killing someone for a ritual?! I didn't think that either of them would've had the guts to do it! But now, I'm not so sure. I mean, it's really gruesome! You have to carve the symbols into the person while praying for the favor of the underworld and then you have to drink their blood! Just explaining it makes me want to puke!