Chapter 6: Good Cop Dead Cop-Part 2

As Jones and Marie arrived at their desks, Ramirez came in blushing red. Marie asked him, "What's wrong Ramirez? Are you sick?"

Ramirez shook his head and said to her, "There's a prostitute here to see you with information on officer Dunkin's killer."

Jones then smiled and said, "I bet it's Ginger. She'll probably give us a description on the culprit."

Ramirez then told them that Ginger also claimed to see the killer throw the gun into the river at Dock 15 and King wants Jones and Marie to look into it. They thanked Ramirez and decided to go and talk to Ginger before they go to the river. Before they could leave Ramirez also told them the Officer Harry Landry wants to speak with them too.

Jones then looked at Marie and said to her, "Let's talk to Harry first and then Ginger." And she nodded in agreement.

Soon, they met in front of Officer Landry and Marie asked him, "So, what do you want to talk to us about?

"Well, I heard you were talking with Zeus and Martinez. I hope you two didn't fall under their spell and trust a word they said," Officer Landry said to them in concern.

Curious Jones asked him, "Why? What do you think they'd tell us?"

Officer Landry then told he doesn't know, but he knows of their criminal types and they'd say and do anything to make the Grimsborough Police Force look bad. He then broke out in a sweat and said to them that he doesn't want them to forget who the criminals are and he sped away from them quickly. Once Officer Landry was gone, Marie asked curiously, "I wonder what his problem is? Do you think we should trust him or the other suspects?"

Jones shrugged at her as if he was saying he doesn't know. As soon as they were done talking with officer Landry, Marie and Jones headed towards the interrogation room to talk with Ginger. Before they went in, Jones told Marie, "Once we're done here and with the river, we better get to the subway station for one last look before it opens back up to the public." And Marie agreed to that idea.

Once they were in the interrogation room, Marie was introduced to a beautiful blonde haired woman who introduced herself as Ginger. After the introductions were out of the way, Ginger told them that after she heard gunshots in the subway she kept her eyes peeled. She then told Marie and Jones that she saw some guy coming out a second later and they were heading straight towards the river. Ginger explained that she only noticed their eyes and said how she had a weak spot for blue eyes.

After Ginger gave them the information, Marie and Jones found out that their killer is male and has blue eyes. Once Ginger was gone, Marie and Jones gathered a pair of wetsuits and a couple snorkel masks and they headed down to the riverbed to search for the gun that was thrown in. When they got there, Jones kept his distance from Marie as she stripped out of her uniform and put on her wetsuit. Soon, he got curious and crept up to the crates where she was changing behind and what he saw made his eyes go wide.

There on Marie's body, were bruisings that looked like they were made recently while others were starting to fade. Quickly, Jones pulled out his phone and snapped a few pictures of Marie's body before she pulled up the wetsuit and zipped it up. Jones then put his phone away in a hurry and scrambled to put his wetsuit on before Marie showed up. Once he zipped it up, Marie joined him by his side and the two donned on their masks.

Suddenly, they jumped off the dock and into the river and started to swim down. As they were swimming down, Marie's eyes caught the sight of what looked like a gun and she pointed it to Jones. He gave the thumbs up and they soon swam down, grabbed it and swam back up until they broke the surface. After they got out of the river and got dressed, Jones said, "I hope this gun is our murder weapon otherwise we got wet for nothing."