Chapter 11: Into the Vipers' Nest-Part 2

After they were done with Nathan, Jones and Marie were on their way back to their desks when they heard their names being called on the intercom and they headed towards the chief's office. When they got there, King was furious and he shouted, "Jones! Marconi's lawyers have filed a restraining order against you claiming you have a maniacal obsession with him!"

Jones got shocked after hearing this and he pleaded, "What?! But I didn't even do anything! Don't you see that this means Marconi's guilty, chief! He's scared of getting caught!"

King then shouted out that he's heard enough and he explained to Jones that Marconi's legally allowed to do so and King understands. King then scolded, "You've let your personal hatred for Marconi dictate your actions and you've pushed it too far! From now on Jones you stay away from Marconi and his club or you'll be put on leave do you hear?" King then looked over to Marie and he thought, even though she doesn't like this either she knows how to keep a cool head.

King then assigned them to check the toolboxes at the garage and he also asked them if they check the sewers since they were right to the crime scene, but both of the officers shook their heads no. King then shouted, "You didn't?! For god sake, go sweep those damn sewers and this time Jones you'll do the diving!" And both saluted King and he dismissed them from his office.

Jones and Marie decided to check out the toolbox at the garage first. On their way there, Jones said, "I can't believe Marconi put a restraining order on me. I was just doing my job."

"Well, you do get a little arrogant time to time when you're meeting with him. I'm not saying Marconi is arrogant as well, but sometimes you let him get in your head a little and that can cause some problems," Marie explained and Jones sighed in frustration thinking that she was right.

Soon, they arrived at the garage and once they got inside, they started searching through the toolboxes. Suddenly, Marie found three things in her toolbox. She bagged an oil stained rag for the lab to analyze, a torn map which she knew she can piece together and a dog tag with the Viper logo and the name Ash written on it. The two of them then knew that the tag belonged to Ash Bison. They decided to give the oil rag to the lab, then put the map back together and then talk to Ash.

Once they dropped the rag off at the lab, Marie got to work putting the map together and soon she was finished. Jones then began wondering what it was doing in the Vipers' Pit. The two officers then saw it was a map of the district and they saw that it was broken with red and blue colors and they thought that they could be the gang colors of The Skulls and The Vipers. Marie then said, "I think they were trying to divide the district into gang territories, but it seems that it didn't go too well."

"And both of their leaders would've been here for this which proves that Troy met with Salvador recently even if he told us otherwise," Jones added in and they thought that it gives The Skulls' leader a good motive for murder and they decided to go and talk to him to see if he tells them the truth.

After looking around they city for a while, Jones and Marie found Ash in an alleyway and when they approached him and showed him the dog tag, he smirked and said sarcastically, "Thanks for finding my dog tag. Really great police work, I'm impressed."

Jones then laughed sarcastically and said, "Don't you think you should at least try and pretend you're saddened by Salvador's death?"

Ash then smirked and told the officers that Salvador was an idiot and he kept on doing dumb shit to try and trigger his asthma for laughs. Jones then began thought, if this guy has asthma and if I look closely he's chewing a piece of gum in his mouth. Then this makes him the perfect suspect. Ash then clenched his teeth in anger and said, "I'm flattered that I'm high on your suspect list but you better beat it before you become the perfect punching ball!"