Chapter 36 : Where The Paths Cross

Start from the beginning

' No..  Am not a messenger...  I... I am sorry... All this is happening just because of me and my selfishness... I just wanted my child with me but I never knew he had other intentions,  I realized that only after he killed that girl give who take Rose to us from here',  she said hanging her head down in shame.

'You looks familiar to me,  have we met before? ', I asked trying to get rid of the uneasiness am feeling in her presence.

' You don't remember me, don't you? ', she asked in a mixture of surprise and disappointment.

' No, I don'.. '

' Chelsea.. ', I heard Bella whisper from behind me, and suddenly I felt like I have seen a ghost.  Recognition dawned on all lunar spirit wolves, they suddenly surrounded their teeth barring and ready to attack.

I watched her carefully that old beauty so determined to get what she wants is gone,  her eyes are sunken now, the skin is dirty and hair is sticky and greasy. Is this some kind of wicked game of fate that makes our love life paths cross like this every time.

I turned to Dmitry who is watching at all these commotions in surprise, 'Is this your mate?',  I wanted him to deny,  I did not want that wicked fate to win.

But he nodded, 'yes'  and I took a deep breath.

'OH God!  How can fate be so cruel? ',  I heard Bella' s teary whisper from his position near her mate.

'Do you know her? ', Dmitry asked while he put her arms around my shoulder supporting me to stand.

'I tried to kill her before leaving my old pack.',  Chelsea confessed in a weak voice.

I heard Dmitri take a sharp breath and his hold on me tightened positioning himself slightly in front of me, 'So is she that girl you told me about,  one who attacked you and escaped during the rogue attack?'

I could only node,  no sound was coming out of my mouth, it was like a movie reeling through my mind all those dark days and memories. I could hear wolves growling all around me,  I tried hard to cast away the terrors and concentrate on what is in front of us now if I don't these angry wolves were tearing her apart.

'When I couldn't find my mate after turning 18 I started to panic,  I thought goddess might not have created one for me. When one by one all my friends found their mates a desperation started to settle in and I started to find my solace in drinking and clubbing. One day I ran into a rogue there at the club,  I was thoroughly drunk and I poured my heart out to him. He stayed and listened to me, after a long time I felt like I am important. We became friends and we stayed in touch through calls and text. It is him who brought my attention to Mike,  that time he haven't found his mate either. He told me that we have the option to choose our mates since both me and Michael are mateless we could choose each other, by saying that he was igniting a flame inside me an old flame of a childhood crush. ',  both I and Dmitri let out a growl at that both for the same reason but for different people a sign that traces of what the Goddess has created still remains within us.

Chelsea gave us a sad smile and continued with her story,' little by little,  day after day,  this guy built my crush on Michael to a maniac level,  for me Michael was my mate, someone I couldn't live without... That is when I gathered the courage to confront him at the gym room that day when you find us. And after two days I heard the news that Michael found his mate,  Alphas daughter. I went to my friend for consolation, we met at the local club where we first met,  one thing led to another and we spend that night together. We kept meeting each other like that the following years, all that time he kept feeding my brain that Mike took you as his mate just because you are Alphas daughter. I was turning more and more insane day after day. "

" We started plotting your death then,  it was my need to eliminate you to get my Mike back.  I gave him details about our pack,  route maps, escape roots, accident area, your favorite hangouts everything.  That day of accident everything went as we have planned. A group of his friends managed to distract your brothers and the patrol team while we waited for you two near that tree where you guys hang out a lot. "I heard both Cal and Abel growl at that.

She ignored them and continued with the story," when we saw you guys approaching my friend shifted and jumped in front of the car make Mike swerve off the road where another of our guy was waiting with iron rode with silver coated to end your life.  Everything went as planned, the only thing we did not consider is Mike jumping in front of you making himself your human shield. I saw him died with my own eyes, he saw me there staring at him in shocked and he managed to stay alive till he was sure we are to leave the site. I saw him close his eyes give up to fate while the guys dragged me out of there.", before she could finish I pounced upon her ready to tear her apart,  it took both my brothers and Dmitri to drag me away from her.

"When I came here tonight I expect nothing other than death,  you can either be merciful and give me a quick painless death or you can torture. Even to death,  it is just your choice to make. But first I want to finish this story. ",  she said look me in my eyes.

" After witnessing his death,  I completely lost it.  If I was mad with love previously now I want mad with revenge, my own mind told me it is you who killed Mike that is why I confronted you one that day at the garden,  I will waiting for a very long time to get to alone. It was my friends that attacked our pack that day,  their aim was to free me from jail. We became traveling nomads once after our escape meantime we were plotting for a bigger revenge for the friends we lost,  that is how we came to Shadow Knight territory  but at that time I started to date my old friend." then she looked at Dmitry in his eyes., I felt like she is going to tell something she never told anyone before.

"When you found me there at the club,  I fell in love instantly I was the happiest girl alive.  After spending that night with you I dreamed about a beautiful like with you and lots of kids. Waking up in the morning first thing I did was calling my friend giving him the happy news,  but he was not that happy with the news,  he reminded me of our plans and asked me to come out of it.  He managed to wake up the insane person in me.  Even when I was staying at the pack we were in touch.  When it was time for me to leave he promised me he will help me to get my child back. I believed him,  everything he said until the day Rose came to us. When he killed the girl who brought Rose to us,  she wanted me to come back to the pack and be the Luna. That is when he revealed that his true intention is to weaken Dmitri by taking away what is valuable to you, your fate mate and your child, to attack you and defeat you. I  escaped from there with Rose two days before,  at the first chance I got."

"Where is my child then?  You said she is safe but I couldn't see her with you. ", I asked her,  eyeing her with suspicion.

" I went to the Lunar Spirit pack first and left Rose there with the Luna,  She is on her way here with the child.  I did not want to take the risk of losing her in case the rogues were here when I arrive. "

" Abel call mom and confirm.",  I told my elder brother who already has his phone in his hands and dialing.

"The call is not getting connected"

"My phone is not showing any signal either ", said Callahan.

" Mine neither "

"That is because they have jammed all the signals to isolate you guys,  that means they are ready to strike.",  she said with terror in her voice.

"So are we. ",  we said with confidence.

At that moment a painful howl of a wolf erupted from our southern borders.

###########################################################################

Hi guys..

Another update,  this one is not as delayed as the previous ones I hope. As you can see we are approaching the end.  It was a really good journey till now through Tina's life with all you guys.

Thanks for all your support.  Hope you will like this new chapter.

Love
Niranjana

PS: am so sleepy right now,  if there is any mistakes or blunders in this chapter please do tell me.