"Okay..." She trailed off, her voice sounding small. "Sorry I bothered you."

I sighed again. "You didn't bother me honey, I'm just concerned about you. Now get your rest. I'll see you in the morning. Love you."

"Love you too." She hung up after that. I felt kind of bad for not going up there or something, but I knew the nurse wouldn't want me to go in there and "disturb her".

I drove to the hospital in the morning, knowing she would be up and ready to go. When I got there, I was proved right. She was waiting for me, all dressed, showered and looking pretty. She smiled at me when I walked in and stood gingerly, wincing a small bit when she stood.

"Hi," I greeted her. "Are you doing okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she put her arms around my waist and rested her head on my chest. "Just a little sore still."

I put my hands in her hair and untangled it little by little. It still smelled like her shampoo. "Well how about we go home, and I'll set up a nest in the living room so we can rest today. How does that sound?"

"Really good," she said and kissed my lips. "But I have to say bye to the kids first, are you coming?"

"Why would I not?" I asked rhetorically. I followed her to the nursery, letting her take my hand and pull me along. We stood outside the big glass window and smiled at our babies sleeping in adjacent incubators. I felt her squeeze my hand as she laid her head on my shoulder.

"I'm so proud of us," she sighed happily. "I couldn't wish for more." I felt a sense of pride and something in me told me I needed to cry again, so the water works started up again. I sniffled and Maddie looked up at me with a motherly smile.

"Oh, honey," she mused. "Come here." She put her hands around my neck and pulled me down to her tip-toed height. I leaned into her and she left little kisses on my neck and traced small patterns on the back of it. I felt a little spark in my chest and laughed, going red.

"Ready?" I asked her. I felt her nod. She kept an arm around my waist as I led her out of the hospital. As I drove, I noticed her picking at her thumbs in her lap; something she always did when she was thinking of something. "What's on your mind?"

Maddie shrugged. "This all feels so surreal," she sighed. "I'm just processing it. I feel like I've accomplished my entire life bucket list, and I'm not even 30 yet."

"What was your bucket list?" I asked, pulling I to the driveway and parking the car.

"Graduate, find a career, get a boyfriend, settle down with said man in my own house, have kids," she listed. "I think I got pretty lucky with the whole boyfriend situation. I even have a dog." She laughed.

I smiled at her. "That's sweet."

"You know, I thought about getting a different apartment across town," she muttered. "If I had done that, I would've never met you. I probably wouldn't have two beautiful babies right now."

I laughed at her. "Anyone could've given you kids."

"But not just anyone could've made me want kids," she replied, and got out of the car. I walked to the porch with her, but before we went inside, I took a second to look at her.

Maddie's POV

I got out of the car and walked up to the porch with Spencer at my side. I waited for him to unlock the door so we could go inside, but he stood there for a second, looking at me.

"What?" I asked. I watched his eyes roam around my face until they landed on mine. His brown ones made me melt a little bit. Slowly and gently, Spencer leaned down and put his lips on mine, giving me a sweet kiss.