Chapter 26

When I turned back around, I couldn't even see Spencer because the team was grouped around him checking on him.

"He's okay," I heard Morgan say. "It's just a graze wound. He just passed out from stress."

I felt the weight of the world fall off my shoulder. If that's not luck, I don't know what is. I knelt down next to him with the team and looked at his wound. It was a sizable graze, but nothing that he couldn't handle. The blood flowing from it was slowing down and the puddle had stopped growing. He stirred a bit before wincing in pain.

"I don't know how I'm alive," he said. "But it still hurts."

I hugged him around the waist when he sat up and kissed his cheek. We turned to watch Morgan haul Jason out the door while listing off his charges.

"Breaking and entering, assault of a federal agent, attempted murder of a federal agent, first degree murder..." The list went on. I got up and got the first aid kit out of the kitchen and had Spencer sit on a bar stool.

"It's not bad," I said. "Just enough to hurt though. I can fix you up." I smiled as he rolled his eyes. I dabbed it clean and put a large sterilized bandage over it. I patted him on his lower back to avoid his graze. "All done."

"Thanks," he laughed. "So now what do you think of moving?"

"We are definitely moving."

Spencer changed his bloody shirt and went back to the station while I went back to work. I was questioned on my lengthy break but told them I lost track of time. I worked overtime to compensate for the extra hour I was gone.

When I got home, I found the entire team in the apartment again, packing things into boxes. The living room and kitchen were nearly empty.

"Well hey there," I said. I put my bag down with my keys and wandered over to where the girls were marking and taping boxes. "How long have you guys been here?"

"About 2 hours," JJ said. My mouth fell open and she held her hands up in defense. "Spencer's idea, not ours."

"Are you guys hungry or anything?" I asked.

"Ohh pizza sounds really good," Emily said. I laughed and nodded. I ordered a few pizzas and called the guys downstairs to take a break and eat. Spencer gave me an innocent smile once he got downstairs.

"You guys should be resting!" I whisper-yelled at him. I whacked his arm and he chuckled at my irritability.

"I was talking about the move and they insisted on coming to help," he said. "Besides this will make it easier to show them where we live."

I rolled my eyes and he slid his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck. I hugged him back, taking a deep breath. I was so grateful for Spencer, and now that we had all known threats out of the way for a while, maybe we could just live in peace.

"You did great today baby," he said lowly. "Thanks for saving my life. Again." I laughed into his hair.

"I didn't save your life, that would have been your buddy Morgan."

"You still did good controlling the situation."

"Alright Spencer," I laughed and he pulled back, sliding his hands down to my hips and kissing me slowly. I smiled into the kiss, letting him do whatever for a second.

"How long do you think it's gonna take them to notice that we're staring?" Emily joked. We pulled away and I laughed while Spencer turned a deep shade of red. He was such a cutie.

We all sat around and ate pizza together. I sat close to Spencer, keeping the slightly intimate vibe alive while we patiently waited for the team to leave. I laid my head in Spencer's lap and he gently pulled out my ponytail and combed through my hair with his fingers.