Chapter 8

I woke up in a cold sweat, forgetting where I was. I remembered I was at Spencer's and relaxed. I looked down and he was still sleeping on me. We had shifted so I was holding him and his arms were around my waist, his head on my shoulder. Kind of like the generic cuddling position, but switched around I guess. I stroked his hair and looked at his face. I was right about the purple bags, and his face was still tear-stained. I hope he didn't have a nightmare. Nevertheless, he looked peaceful and I couldn't bring myself to move and risk waking him. I looked at his alarm clock, it was only 7:00. Too early to get up in the first place.

He started mumbling about his mom, I guessed, since he said mom multiple times. He wriggled around and squeezed my waist too tight for comfort. Spencer started yelling and full-on thrashing. I sat up and grabbed his shoulders to hold him down.

"Spencer! Wake up!" I shook him and his eyes flew open while he breathed heavily.

"What?" He seemed confused. "Oh. I'm sorry. I was having a nightmare. Did I wake you?" He still seemed tired.

I shook my head. "No. I've been up for about 15 minutes. I just didn't want to wake you since you're exhausted."

He plopped back down into the pillows and sheets and looked up at me. "I'm so tired. Hotch gave us the day off today, and I might just make you stay in bed with me all day." He smiled and I laid back down next to him.

"I could probably do that," I said, "just for you." I ruffled his hair and he got out of bed to close the curtains before coming back and snuggling into my side.

"You're like my own teddy bear," he mused, "I just don't kiss my teddy bear."

I laughed at this and shook my head. "You're delirious. Go back to sleep." With that, we drifted off again.

I woke up to Spencer padding around the apartment, still shirtless. I got up and went into the bathroom to make sure I didn't look dead.

I did. My hair was a mess, my makeup was everywhere and my face was puffy from so much sleep. I decided to just shower. When I got out, I put on a pair of shorts I kept over here with one of his white button up shirts. I crept downstairs without him realizing it, and I could hear him singing our Foreigner song while he was probably organizing something. I jumped him from behind with a hug and kisses.

"Hi," he smiled, "you seem excited. Nice shirt, fits you well." He winked and I turned pink.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"5:34." He answered whilst putting a book on the shelf. He turned to face me. "So, do you want to know what you've said in your sleep?" He asked out of the blue. I nodded eagerly. "You always say you love me and how much you care for me." I averted my gaze to the floor, not sure what to say.

"Hey," he lifted my head to look at him, "there's no reason to be embarrassed. You heard me last night, I love you too." He gave a small smile.

I nodded and avoided his eyes. "I know... I just don't know if it's too early or not to say that. We haven't even been dating for a month."

He nodded and thought for a second. "You're right, but we've known each other longer than a month."

I gasped in mock surprise. "Dr. Reid, are you saying you liked me before we were dating?" I laughed.

He chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Obviously."

I didn't know what to say, so I just hummed in response and nudged his shoulder. He nudged me back, and I started tickling him.

"Stop!" He laughed. "I can't breathe Maddie stop!" He was squirming around and we were both laughing. It got to the point where I was laughing too hard and I had to stop. It was too quiet, and when I looked up he had a pillow.