Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning at 11, with Spencer's arms locked around me and his face in my hair. I laid there, taking in the newfound happiness I hadn't felt in almost 2 weeks. I smiled to myself as Spencer snored quietly and made a small noise before shifting a little bit.

This was definitely how I wanted to wake up every morning.

However, I was getting restless and wanted to get up, so I slowly worked myself out of his arms and put a pillow where I was at and he only stirred slightly. His ruffled hair and 5 o'clock shadow made him look 10 years older than he really was. For a split second, I thought about pranking him, but I dismissed it seeing how tired he was. I put on one of his shirts and tip toed down the stairs and into the kitchen to make some breakfast. By the time I was finished, he had come downstairs, and we ate together in silence. After doing the dishes, he finally spoke up.

"So, today is Jack's birthday." He said. "Are you gonna come with me to his party?"

"I don't see why not, I have nothing better to do." I winked at him. "Do we need to go gift shopping?" Spencer pulled a face at the question and I held a hand up. "Yes, we do. We'll go in a few minutes, we both need to get dressed first." I motioned to myself and him, because he didn't even have a shirt on. We threw on some lazy clothes and I put my hair in a bun. I just let my face do whatever it wanted, since I would need to do my makeup for the party so I wouldn't do it now.

"Look at us." I said. "We look like we haven't seen the light of day in weeks." He laughed with me and looked at me in the mirror for a second. "What?"

"I think you look cute." He said, with pink cheeks and small smile.

"Spencer I'm in sweats and your hoodie with no makeup on." I gave him a strange look. "Are you sure you got enough sleep? I think 4 am was a little too hard on you." I laughed at him and he gave me a hug.

"This is how I like you." He said. He kissed me on the cheek and we went to Target to see if we could find something cool for Jack. "What does a 6 year old really play with?" Spencer questioned.

"I don't really know." I shrugged. "I'd say we could get him some toy guns and stuff but I don't think Hotch would approve at all." We giggled at how strict he was and toiled on through the aisles. While we were scoping out Legos and costumes, a man down the aisle was giving me strange looks. "Where do I know that guy?" He looked familiar and I knew I'd met him before. "That's the guy from the nightclub!" It clicked in my head and I gasped, causing Spencer to give me a weird look.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Don't look now, but there's the guy from that club we went to with your team." Spencer still looked, and gave the most amusing glare I had ever seen. I stifled a laugh and Spencer grabbed my waist, pulling me closer to his side. "Spence." I looked up at him.

"Yes?" He looked down and his eyes caught me off guard for a second. They seemed like a more vibrant hazel than usual.

"I love you." I kissed him on the cheek and he gave me a smile.

"I love you too." He said. The guy walked away and we were left alone. Spencer let go of me and while he wasn't looking, I found a nerf gun and shot him in the cheek. The suction cup stuck to his face and he looked at me with a straight face that told me to grow up before we both busted up laughing. It took us a good 2 minutes to calm down, and by then I was in tears.

"I think I just peed myself." I chuckled, wiping my tears of laughter from my flushed cheeks and panting.

"The diapers are just a few aisles over." Spencer laughed at me and I whacked his shoulder lightly with my hand.