Chapter 1

beep, beep, beep, beep

6 a.m.

My alarm clock played the terrorizing song of its people, and my eyes resisted all effort to open. "I don't really need to go work out, do I? I could sleep another hour," I thought. My guilt got the best of me, despite the temptation to stay in my warm bed. I got up and changed my clothes to go to the gym.

I stepped outside my apartment complex into the rain and ran to my car. My wonderful Ford Taurus my parents got me for graduation. I got to the gym and powered through my vigorous workout, then went back home and weighed. "15 more pounds off," I smiled, basking in pride of my progress from my previous weigh-in two months ago.

By the time I was showered, dressed, and ready to go, it was 7:45. My shift down at the coffee shop I worked at started at 8, so I was right on schedule.

I got to my job and turned on our window signs. "Bake n' Brew" illuminated next to the open sign. I put on my apron to start baking and brewing and what not. Right as the first batches of coffee and biscuits were done, a group of regulars strolled through the door.

"Oh shut up Morgan, I won that bet," a girl with short, dark hair laughed.

"Emily, even if that bartender did hit on Hotch, it didn't count. He ignored her," bantered the tall dark guy.

This group of people came almost every morning together and got coffee. 8:10 on the dot and always laughing on arrival. The group consisted of a blonde lady and the short, dark haired one apparently called Emily, a colorful and always cheerful lady that I personally loved, the tall dark (and handsome) guy named Morgan, and another guy that was quirky and thin with curly brown hair.

They ordered everything and were about to go on their way, when the thin dude asked for some sugar.

"Excuse me, ma'am, do you have some sugar back there?" He asked.

"Oh crap. Yes, I'm sorry, I forgot to put it out. Here you are." I smiled and handed it over. He thanked me and gave me a quick smile before scurrying off to his flock.

The hours passed by like minutes, and the usual strangers came and went. After what seemed like only a few hours, it was 4, and time to go to my night classes. I thanked god I was on the downhill slide of my college life, almost to the last semester of my senior year.

I pulled up to the college building and went to my class.

"Collins, you're running late. Do you have an excuse?" My professor asked.

"No sir, traffic was just heavy this morning, please excuse me."

"Take a seat." He ordered.

This was my least favorite class. I was in school to be a trauma surgeon, and it wasn't hard, I just struggled with my professors non-stop. This was my surgery class and Mr. Duvall was a stickler about everything.

I got through my 5 classes and came home at 9:30. I immediately changed into my pj's and sat down to watch my favorite show, Supernatural, but fell asleep 5 minutes in.

I woke up to the sound of my upstairs neighbor coming home. I glanced at my phone to see it was 11:30. I went to my bedroom and laid in bed, listening to the rain and thinking about the tomorrow.

I dreaded tomorrow.