Chapter 22

Maddie's POV

I tried to stay quiet in the back of the van. I knew whoever was driving would hear me if I made too much noise. I put my head in my hands and took a deep breath, feeling tears fall down my cheeks.

I can't believe this is happening again.

How was I going to get out of here? I had no clue where they were taking me. Spencer was probably having an absolute fit. He was probably angry at Morgan.

Poor Morgan.

I looked at my watch. It was almost midnight. We had been driving for about 45 minutes. I tried to look out the windows, but they were blacked out. Of course, I could open this back door and jump out of the van, but I'd most likely die. The can was traveling at a steady 75 miles per hour, which meant we were on the interstate.

My eyelids eventually got heavy, and as much as I fought it, I fell asleep.

I looked at the clock. It read 5 in the evening, which meant it was time to go home. I left the hospital and drove to the new house Spencer and I had bought, just 3 miles from Hotch.

Once I pulled into the driveway, I saw Spencer in the back yard playing with our little girl.

"Hey baby," Spencer kissed my cheek.

"Mommy!" Our daughter tackled me and gave me a hug.

"Careful Rachel," Spencer warned. "Mommy's had a long day at work."

"Hi baby girl," I kissed her forehead and held her. "Have you had a good day?"

She nodded and squirmed. I let her down and she went to go play on the swing set.

"She's so precious," Spencer put his arm around my waist and kissed me on the temple.

I nodded. "That she is my love."

"I love you," he said with a smile.

I smiled back. "I love you too."

I was awoken to the sound of chains dragging against a cement floor. I tried to keep my eyes closed and act as if I was still asleep, but failed.

"Nice try," a man said. "Wake up."

I turned my eyes toward the sound to see a man walking to the front of me. I was chained to a pole in the middle of a room, sitting on an uncomfortable wooden chair. He grabbed a plate of food and held a fork full to my mouth.

"Eat," he commanded. "You'll need your strength."

I only glared, keeping my mouth shut. He got the memo and sat it down on a table across the room.

"Fine, don't eat, your choice." He glared.

"What do you want?" I asked. "I have a life to be living, you know. I have a job and obligations."

"I want you," he said. "If you couldn't tell by all the photos I took of you." He gave a disgusting grin that would've caused me to vomit if I had eaten that food. I simply rolled my eyes and looked around the room. There was nothing in here for torturing that I could see. What else was he going to do?

"So what did your friend have to do with all of this?" I asked.

"Oh him?" He laughed. "He had nothing to do with it. I told him he'd get a reward for helping me."

"Stalking and kidnapping charges, what a reward." I retorted.

"You're not the only person here you know," he walked across the room and flipped on a light switch. It illuminated a room adjacent to mine, a 2 way mirror in the wall. I could see into the room. A girl stirred slightly. I couldn't see her face too well, but her hair looked familiar. I recognized her immediately as she looked up. It was Gen. She looked around before becoming panicked. I wondered how long she had been here. I felt a pit in my stomach.