Chapter 27

We woke together the next morning at 9. All the girls were beginning to show up along with the makeup artists and hairdressers. My dress tailor was there just in case any of the girls needed anything. They all got into their purple silk dresses.

Around 1, we began heading to the church that Spencer and I were getting married in at 3. It was decorated with purple and silver decorations with the occasional pink flower laying around. It looked gorgeous. I stood in a room that was adjacent to the sanctuary as Garcia finished helping me into my dress. The finishing touches of my makeup and hair were done and I was staring into the mirror. My mom walked in with a small box in hand.

"Honey," she stood by me. "Your dad would not believe his eyes. I want you to wear this." She pulled out a silver necklace with 2 small silver bells on it. "Your father gave this to me on the night of our honeymoon, saying that our wedding bells were the most sacred sound to him. I hope they're your most sacred sound."

I began tearing up. I wished my father was here to give me away, to hold me one last time before I was no longer his little girl. My mom latched the necklace around my neck and faced me.

"No tears yet," she said as one rolled down her cheek. She laughed at herself. I heard the 3 o'clock bells start up as Morgan walked into the room. My mom left after kissing me on the cheek.

"You look stunning," he kissed me on the cheek and grinned, offering me his arm. "You ready for this?"

I shook my head. "No."

"This is going to be the most remarkable event of your life," he said, looking me in the eye. "There's a man at the altar out there waiting desperately to see his beautiful wife after a long week of whining about how he misses you. Now let's get this party started." I laughed, feeling some pressure ease up. I locked my arm with his and squeezed it as he nodded at me.

Spencer's POV

The bells began ringing as my heart pounded harder. I was tapping my foot, and Rossi put a hand on my shoulder behind me.

"Deep breaths kiddo, this is it."

I took a deep breath and shook off my nerves. I was staring at the floor when I heard people standing up from the pews and the doors opening.

The sight before me was like seeing a rose in the middle of a wasteland. My mind went blank, and if I hadn't been so aware of myself, I would've fallen as my knees went weak and I stared at my soon to be wife walking down the aisle elegantly with our best friend at her side. I felt my eyes water and tears started streaming uncontrollably. Garcia was right; the anticipation made this so much better.

They stopped a few feet in front of the altar. Morgan hugged her for a few seconds, saying something in her ear that I couldn't make out, and nodding at her. She stood across from me and I smiled at her, wiping the tears from my cheeks. She looked like she had already been tearing up. She smiled back and nodded.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join these two in holy matrimony..." The preacher began. I tuned him out as Maddie and I held each other's gazes. I broke from her stare to look around the room. Her mother was already crying along with her brother, surprisingly. Maddie's bridesmaids- JJ, Emily, and Mel behind Garcia as her maid of honor- were all beaming at her with their flowers in hand.

Henry and Jack brought the rings to us and I knelt down to hug them before taking the rings. I slipped my ring onto Maddie's finger before beginning my vows.

"A wise man once told me, 'A weak man has doubts before making a decision. A strong man has them afterward.' I've thought about that since the day I proposed to you," I smiled at her. "I suppose the type of man that has no doubts is fearless, or confident. But we all know that I am neither of those." The crowd laughed. "I have never had a single doubt, that you are the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. From our first dance, I could tell that I wanted to dance with you in wedding attire, and here we are. Madison Danielle, you are the only person that has taken away all of my doubts and fear to give me that confidence. I want to feel this confidence when I wake up with you every morning, when I come home to you every evening, and when we go to bed together at night. You're the only person I'll ever need to lean on. I promise I'll love you till the day I die, and every day after." I smiled at her as she wiped her tears away and took a shaky breath, shaking her head at me.