Chapter 39

We laid there, happy as can be, looking at our children. Dr. Lee came in after a little bit.

"Okay," she announced herself. "I think you're good to go home probably the day after tomorrow. We just want to watch you and make sure everything heals right. That okay?"

I nodded.

"Can I stay here?" I asked. She and Spencer looked at me weirdly. "Can I stay here? You know, until I get to take my babies home?"

"That might be a little while," she warned.

"How long?"

"Maybe a week, depending on their weight and health status."

"That's fine with me," I shrugged, turning to Spencer. "You could go back to work, and I'll stay here until we can take them home."

"I don't think that would be a good idea," Dr. Lee piped up. "You'll need to start getting into the swing of things now that you have kids. Learn how to plan your schedule around them. Even though you'll have maternity leave for a few months, you'll need to figure out how to work with them when that's over."

"But-"

"It'll be fine," Spencer grabbed my hand and squeezed it, as to tell me to stop testing the doctor. "We can come see them in the mornings and then at night. It's only for a little while."

"Fine," I pouted. Dr. Lee left the room after a few seconds.

"So do you want me to stay here tonight with you or are you good?" He asked.

"I'm good," I said. "You look tired, you should go home and sleep. I'm sure Cooper's missing you."

Spencer chuckled and nodded. "Okay. Well, then I'm going to head out, but I think your family and Garcia would like to spend some time with these two." He looked down at Ellie and Eli.

"Who doesn't?" I laughed. "You did good." I kissed Spencer gently, smiling into it and relishing his soft lips.

"I did good?" He broke off. "You're the one that did all the work."

I kissed him again. "Mhm," I hummed on his lips. "But they look like you."

"You know, it actually takes a while for the facial features of a newborn to really develop and reveal whose genes are physically dominant."

"Okay Mr. Genius, I was just trying to have a nice moment." I giggled and he laughed with me. He stood and leaned over, kissing me one more time. I put my hand on the back of his neck and ran my finger tips through the hair at the base of his head. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"I love you," he whispered gently. He leaned down and kissed the sleeping infants. "And I love you two as well."

"I love you baby," I smiled at him. "See you later." He waved and left.

Spencer's POV

I left the room with a smile on my face. A million emotions ran through me. I had never been more happy than I was now, I was so proud of Maddie, I was excited to have a family, but I was nervous. What if I didn't get this parenting thing down?

"How's she doing kid?" Morgan asked.

"She's good. She looks pretty tired, but she won't sleep," I shrugged. He nodded.

"She's just excited." I nodded.

"Okay," I turned to face everyone. "Dr. Lee said she can come home some time tomorrow, so now would be a good time to start on our project." Everyone agreed and gathered their things. Maddie's family along with Garcia stayed behind to see her and the babies.