Chapter 34

The next few weeks, I stayed on the mend. There were two cases that Spencer wouldn't let me go on the arrest, and one that he wouldn't let me go at all. We argued a fair amount about it, but there was nothing he could do after I was released in early November.

"I still think you should take a few weeks," he advised.

"No," I rejected. "I've already missed two cases. I want to start working again."

"Well then you need to get trained for a gun."

"Okay." I shrugged at him and he gave me a look that said, "Quit making things so simple."

When we got to the BAU that morning, he made Hotch give me a couple tests to make sure my arm was at full capacity. Was it sore? Yes. Was I going to tell him? No.

Hotch took me to the shooting range to get me qualified. It took about two hours to finish all together after learning how to strip and clean and shoot properly. Hotch issued my gun to me before we headed back to the BAU.

"You'll have to still be careful, you know that right?" He asked.

"I know. I'll do my best," I replied. He nodded and we got back to work. I sat at my desk across from Spencer. He looked up and greeted me with a smile.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

"Good," I shrugged.

"Maybe you should still stay-"

"No, I will not stay away from arrest scenes or cases anymore. I can protect myself now. It's fine." He put his hands up in defense and nodded, making me laugh.

"I'm ready to go home," he sighed. "All that paperwork killed my brain."

"I don't think that's possible," I laughed. Spencer rolled his eyes at me.

It was 4:30 on a Thursday. All of us here at the BAU had been filing paperwork like there was no tomorrow. For some reason, things had been quiet lately. No cases for the past week-ish.

Spencer and I got off at 6 and went home. Almost immediately, we collapsed on the bed together and fell asleep. The alarm clock woke us both up far too early; the beeping was followed by groans and curses.

"I don't want to get up," I whined. Spencer rolled over to face me.

"I know you don't," he said. "But guess what today is?"

I thought for a second. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until I actually looked at one of my fingers. It was Spencer and I's one year anniversary.

I gasped. "Happy anniversary!" I grabbed his face and gave him a kiss, which made him smile.

"You too baby," Spencer smiled at me through the dim light of early morning. "I love you."

"I love you too."

We got ready together, like always. I showered and braided my hair before putting on my makeup and walking out to the bedroom and tying Spencer's tie around his neck and pecking him on the lips. We ate breakfast together before we left for the BAU.

I held Spencer's hand as we walked in together. It put a smile on my face; it had been forever since we had actually committed the crime that is PDA. He swung our hands a little bit as we walked, something that was a natural little quirk of his. We stepped off the elevator and into the bullpen. Morgan whistled at us.

"You two seem happy today," he taunted.

"Pound sand, Morgan," I called over my shoulder.

"Do you really not know what today is?" Garcia asked him with a look.