Chapter 6

I woke up to the sound of someone snoring lightly in my ear and remembered last nights events.

Flashback

"I'd be more than happy to." I smiled at him and he grinned. He looked like a little puppy.

He yawned and I laughed, "Are you tired? We can go to bed." He nodded and I started walking toward the stairs to my bedroom.

"I-I'll stay out here on the couch." He said. He must have been nervous again.

I turned around and put my hand on my waist. "Spencer you're not sleeping on that couch. You're way too tall, your feet will hang off and you'll hurt your back. Come on." I motioned for him to follow me. Slowly, he walked behind me and I walked into my room. "I'm going to go brush my teeth and throw my hair up in a bun or something. Go ahead and get comfy." I padded into the bathroom and looked at myself. My mascara was smudged from laughing too hard and my lipstick had started to fade. "Wonder what that's from," I smirked and giggled to myself. After completing my routine I came out and Spencer was standing there awkwardly. "What?" I asked.

"I didn't bring pj's." He looked so adorable when he was embarrassed. I thought for a second. "Hang on, I think I have something you could use." I dug through my drawers to find some basketball shorts and a t shirt my brother had left when he stayed with me a few months ago. "Here. They're Mike's. He left them here. Go change."

By the time he came back I was settled and comfy in my bed. I patted the space next to me and he sat down.

"It's really fine if you want me to sleep on the couch, most people don't sleep in the same bed the first night they're dating. In fact only about..." He rambled on about the percentage of people that slept together and how many get divorced when they do and stuff like that. I didn't cut him off since he seemed to be having fun.

"Okay. I get it, I'll stay in here." He said.

I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Thank you." I turned on my side and in a few short minutes I heard him start barely snoring. At least he was asleep. I laid there thinking about Kayleigh and Joseph. Maybe they'd be friends until I got up there with them.

I heard Spencer shuffle and then felt an arm wrap around my waist pull me into his chest. "Go to sleep," he mumbled, "stop thinking about whatever's on your mind."

With that, I smiled to myself and drifted off.

End of flashback

I slowly crawled out from under Spencer's arm and looked at his sleeping form. He was out like a light.

I decided to shower and cook some breakfast since it was only 7. After finishing the first batch of strawberry French toast, I heard movement and mumbling from upstairs, then it was quiet. I waiting a few minutes and then heard a loud thud. Panicked, I ran up to check on him. "Spence? You okay?" I heard him groan from the floor.

"Your bed is a lot higher up when you're rolling off it." He said with a sleepy voice. I chuckled and sat on the floor next to him. "Something smells really good." He said.

"That would be breakfast, but you'll have to get off the floor and come downstairs with me if you want it." I teased. He groaned and I tickled his stomach. "Get up lazy bones!" I giggled and got up to run away as he got up to chase me. I made it to the kitchen before he picked me up and threw me on the couch. "Spencer!" I squealed between laughs, "stop! I'm going to die!" I laughed till I was crying.

"Not so fun on the receiving end, huh? Let's go eat. I'm hungry." By that time the 2nd batch was finished cooking and I made each of us a plate. "What's that package?" He asked, pointing to the box I forgot to open that was on the end table, collecting dust.