Chapter 36

Maddie's POV

I felt my heart stop for a second before it completely jumped into my throat. Spencer's hand tightened around mine, then release. I looked over at him. He was staring at the floor wide-eyed, before he looked up at me in awe. A wide smile took over his features before he stood out of his wheelchair (which looked absolutely pitiful) and hugged me with one arm, since his other had a brace around his shoulder. When he pulled back, I could see the tears forming in his eyes, which made me emotional. The nurse left, saying something along the lines of "I'll give you two a few minutes."

"This is..." I trailed off.

"Yeah," Spencer understood what I was saying. He gave me an ecstatic smile. "Oh God, I'm so excited. This is so amazing." I simply nodded, not exactly reciprocating his excitement.

"Yeah."

"You okay? You don't seem too happy," he looked at me with concern.

"I'm okay," I nodded. "Just shocked. And a bit scared, but it's okay."

"Why're you scared?"

"You know why, Spence," I said quietly. He put his hand under my chin and turned my head to look at him.

"This will work out, I promise nothing is going to happen to the baby this time. Okay?" I nodded at him. "I want to hear you say it."

"What?"

"I want to hear you say that it's going to be okay."

"It's going to be okay," I told myself. "Nothing is going to happen to the baby this time."

"Good," Spencer smiled and kissed my cheek. "Can I deliver the news?"

It took me a few seconds to remember that we were on a case and the team was out there. I suddenly felt my stomach drop; we haven't caught the unsub yet, and we're all sitting around in a hospital. Apparently Spencer registered the look on my face.

"Don't worry, they caught him."

"Okay," I sighed, relieved. "Yeah, go for it."

Spencer's POV

I walked out of the hospital room; I didn't care enough to use my wheelchair. I hadn't paid attention to the fact that I still looked like I was crying, so when Morgan saw me, he immediately thought the worst.

"Kid, I-"

"She's perfectly fine, just a few stitches on her head," I held my hands up. "However, we've got big news."

"What?" Emily and JJ asked.

"Maddie's pregnant," I said happily. Everyone smiled, including Hotch.

"That's wonderful, Reid," Morgan smiled and I nodded. "Can we see her?"

I nodded. "Yeah, follow me."

Maddie's POV

I watched Spencer talking to everyone through the window. Everyone looked excited, before they all started walking toward the room. I tried my best to smooth down my hair and what not, but I was sure it didn't help much. I hadn't showered. Everyone entered and smiled at me. JJ, Morgan and Emily hugged me, Hotch shook my hand, and Rossi kissed my cheek. I was happy to see everyone.

"How are you feeling?" Hotch asked. I shrugged and smiled.

"I'm a little sore, but I'm good," I replied. He nodded at me.

We all hung around and talked for a little while, occasionally grazing the topic of baby stuff, but not much. After about an hour and a half, the nurses came in and cleared everyone out except Spencer and I.