Chapter 19

Song: Marry Me by Train

Spencer and I made our way to the beautiful restaurant and checked into our reservation. The hostess seated us and said our waiter would be by momentarily.

"So tell me," I started, "How much did all this cost?"

He looked confused. "What do you mean?"

"C'mon Spence, you got personally tailored outfits, dinner reservations at one of the nicest places in uptown Vegas and dancing at a formal party. How'd you get into the party anyway?" I had my arms crossed at him and a smirk on my face.

"The tailor is a family friend, so these didn't cost anything." He shrugged. "And everything else is none of your business, consider it part of your birthday present."

"Part? What do you mean p-"

"Alright folks my name is Alex and I'll be your waiter tonight, can I start you off with some drinks?" I was cut off by the waiter.

Spencer ordered a bottle of white wine and glasses of water and I figured that was sufficient. He returned about 5 minutes later and took our orders before scampering off to the kitchen.

"What do you mean part?" I asked, not letting the subject go.

"Patience, young grasshopper." Spencer answered, pouring wine for the both of us.

I rolled my eyes, "Quit using your eidetic memory to dodge my questions." I laughed as he winked at me and smiled.

Our food came and we began eating in mostly silence, with the occasional fun fact about Vegas from Spencer and my smart remarks back to him. I had to admit, this was some of the best pasta I had ever eaten. We finished within the hour, and left around 7:30 to begin our commute to the party.

"Really, how did you get in this party?" I asked. I wanted to know if there was someone there that was important.

"It's just a random party, you buy tickets and go." He said. "Don't worry, there's not going to be anyone there we know."

We pulled up and walked up the drive. This place was huge. There was a circle driveway around a fountain with freshly cut grass in between. Branching from the circle were sidewalks leading to a few gazebos, ponds or just sitting areas. Spencer led me to the one leading to the huge house that held all the guests. The porch was low, with white pillars on either sides of the steps and gardens as well. The front doors were double door with a dressed up bouncer waiting beside them.

"Names please." The bouncer said.

"Reid and Collins." Spencer said, handing him the tickets.

"Good to go. Have a nice night."

We walked in and stopped immediately. It was all one big ball room. There was a chandelier illuminating the room and curved stair cases leading upstairs on either side. It was gorgeous. Spencer and I found a table to sit and relax for a bit before dancing.

"This is so gorgeous." I looked around the room in awe of all the beautiful gowns and the decorations. A song began playing that Spencer knew, and he jumped up.

"Do you want to go dance?" He held his hand out for me and I took it, allowing him to lead me onto the dance floor. He put his hand on my waist and held me at a respectable distance, but I wanted to be closer to him. My arms made their way around his neck and I pulled him closer to me while swaying to the beat with him. It brought back memories of the night I danced to Johnny Cash with him at 3 am, and I smiled against his neck.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked in a low voice, right next to my ear. I tried to fight it, but goose bumps rose on my skin at the sound of his voice and he laughed at the effect he had taken on me.