Chapter 33

Sunday morning was a bitch.

My phone rang at 7 am. I hurried and answered it before it woke any of the other girls in the apartment.

"Uh- hello?"

"You sound chipper this morning," Derek chuckled.

"Yeah well the girls and I went out last night, and it's taking a toll. How'd your night go?" I asked sarcastically.

"I don't know what's up with him. Maybe he'll be better after sleeping, but he was not having any consoling last night. I'd say tread lightly, but also get him put back in his place. I don't like that attitude."

"You and me both brother," I sighed. "Alright. Well, thank you for doing that. Means a lot. I'll see you at work tomorrow."

"See ya."

I got up and cleaned myself up to look somewhat respectable when I got home. My makeup was everywhere as well as my hair and my clothes were crinkled. I shrugged, pulling my hair up and washing my makeup off. As I finished, Garcia was waking up.

"Hey, I'm heading out," I said. She took her sleep mask off and set it down. "Thanks for a fun night."

"Most certainly. Good luck with Spencer. I shall see you tomorrow," she waved and I left.

I walked a short ten minutes home. Before I went inside, I took a deep breath and steadied out my nerves. As I walked in, Cooper greeted me with a million kisses and a wagging tail. I took a minute to love on him before I walked into the kitchen and started making some coffee. Spencer was in the shower upstairs, so I had a few minutes before I had to be the bad wife and address the issue.

About ten minutes passed. I had taken a seat on the couch, scrolling around on my phone and drinking some strong coffee to curb the headache that last night had left me with. The sound of the stairs creaking caught my ear, indicating that Spencer was coming downstairs.

"I wasn't aware you were coming here," he said as he reached the bottom steps.

"This is kind of where I live," I replied without missing a beat. All I earned from him was a "hmph". I waited a few seconds before asking the million dollar question.

"Would you like to explain why you yelled at me in front of God and everybody last night?" I asked, perching myself against the island and crossing my arms.

"I don't know," he shrugged lamely. "Stressed."

"Right, okay."

"What?" Spencer asked defensively. He threw his arms up. "Do you want some deep sob story about how the case upset me or something?"

"If that's what's making you such an ass, then yes," I said.

"Well, it's not," he argued.

"Okay, so you're stressed, and since you're so stressed, you feel like yelling and humiliating the shit out of me? Yeah, thats really how you make a marriage work, Spencer."

"You could stop making it about yourself for once."

"Oh good God," I pinched the bridge of my nose. "I guess it's a good thing that it's about you then, huh?"

"Oh, give me a-"

"Break? Is that what you want? Because I can leave. I don't have to stick around here, and I certainly don't have to be yelled at for God knows what!" I raised my voice at him.

"Nobody's stopping you," he said coolly.

I took my ring off and set it on the counter. "No, but you're making me." Spencer looked at the ring, and looked back at me. I packed a bag with at least ten outfits, grabbed my phone and the rest of my necessities and walked out the door.