I lead the small convoy of cars back to the house. We all congregated in the living room. Everyone was here besides Garcia.

The team had decided to surprise us with duplicates for everything we had already owned from our first pregnancy, so we didn't have to go buy cribs and whatnot. It was a surprise to me when they told me, but unfortunately, one of us would've had to know for them to get into the house. We were going to clean and set up the babies' room, which was the one right beside our room.

"Okay, so the men are building and the women are cleaning. Let's get started," I dismissed us and we got to work.

While I was assembling the crib with the guys, I found myself smiling about the familiarity of this situation.

"What's up with you?" Rossi asked.

"This just reminds me- that one time, Maddie and I built that swing set for Jack," I reminisced. "That feels like yesterday, now we're having kids of our own." He laughed and shook his head.

Maddie's POV

"Hi honey," my mom poked her head through the doorway. I looked up from Ellie and Eli to smile at her.

"Hey mom." She sat next to me and looked longingly at the babies. "Would you like to hold someone?"

"Yeah," she nodded. She picked Eli up off my chest and cradled him. I heard her sniffle before she looked up at me, eyes brimming with tears.

"Oh mom, don't cry," I laughed emotionally. "I've finally stopped, I don't need to start again!"

"I know, I know," she shook her head. "I'm just so happy for you. And me. I have grand-babies to spoil now." I rolled my eyes. That was basically inevitable.

The rest of the day went by quick because, well, I was sleeping. The nurse took Ellie and Eli to be put in the nursery so they could be tended to for a while. My mom and Garcia left. I figured it was a good time to sleep.

That was, until I woke up at 1:30 in the morning wide awake and basically sore all over. I laid there for a while, watching the clock and trying to make myself go back to sleep. But I missed Spencer. I felt needy and lonely for no reason at the moment. I decided I would call him, because he wasn't going to go to work tomorrow.

Spencer's POV

I heard a distant ringing pulling me from my senseless dream. It rang on as I woke up a little more, just enough to realize that someone was calling me. I looked at the clock.

Who is calling me at 1:45 in the morning? I thought to myself ridiculously. I looked at the caller ID and sighed deeply. Right, my lovely wife that's across town for the night.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi," Maddie spoke quietly.

"Baby, what are you doing up? It's almost 2 in the morning," I informed her. "Are you okay?"

"I know that," she scoffed. "I'm fine. I slept all day and now I can't go back to sleep and I miss you."

I rolled my eyes. She was so bad at sleeping alone, it was almost sad. "What do you need?"

"I don't know," she replied softly. "I'm just lonely. I forgot how quiet and desolate hospitals get at night."

"Okay," I said, a little more sharply than intended. "I know you're lonely, but it's only until morning. I'll come see you and the kids then. But for now, you need to try and sleep. Call a nurse for some melatonin if you have to, but you'll need energy to come home and get those two settled in, okay?"