I just gaped at the boy in front of me. He was…beautiful. In every sense of the word.

His eyes were a light shade of brown, and despite how lifeless they seemed (much like my own), they were still mesmerizing. He had plump pink lips that looked just slightly chapped. His jawline was rigid, his face flushed.

He was absolutely impeccable.

Interrupting me from my unabashed staring, Mystery Suicidal Boy’s plump chapped lips started to move.

“Look lady I really need you to leave okay, you – you shouldn’t be here.” His voice was shaky even though he was obviously trying to be assertive with me.

Hold up.

This guy thinks that he can just order me to leave so that he can kill himself when I have most definitely made up my mind that I want to kill myself tonight? No way.

Without giving it a second’s hesitation, I scoffed loudly, causing Mystery Suicidal Boy to look over his shoulder at me with surprised eyes.

“I’m not going to leave.” I said bluntly.

His eyebrows shot up at my tone, but then he rolled his eyes at me.

“Okay you seem nice, but please don’t try and be a hero here. You’re not going to talk me down no matter what you say or do, so why don’t you just leave instead of wasting your breath.”

My jaw dropped. He thought I was ‘trying to be a hero’? What a dick! I know I wasn’t here first, but I’ve had a helluva long night and he’s in the spot I want!

I laughed bitterly. “Well trust me dude, I’m not trying to 'be a hero', and quite frankly I don’t give a flying fuck if you kill yourself or not.” I said matter-of-factly, walking over to lean my back against the railing on the opposite side as the boy.

He stared at me with mouth open and eyes wide, so I took that as a cue to continue.

“So here’s the deal. I have had a really rough night and I ended up here and decided that this was it: the spot I wanted to kill myself at. It’s quite perfect for such an event you know. But now, I’m a little pissed off because well, you’re in my spot. So uh, yeah I’m going to need you to move.” I said nonchalantly.

The boy just stared at me as if I had two heads.

“Y-You’re joking right?” He stuttered.

I shook my head confidently, pursing my lips together and shrugging my shoulders.

“Nope, serious as a heart attack. So if you could just hurry it up a little bit that would be great.”

I was acting as casually as I could muster, pretending to examine my nails as I internally freaked the fuck out.

Okay so maybe reverse psychology wasn’t the most brilliant idea I had ever come up with…but I’m not good with these types of situations especially considering I’ve never been in one like this before.

I looked back up at the guy to see him still gaping at me.

“Well go on then.” I gestured to the dark waters about 150 feet below us.

“Yeah, right, right…” He mumbled, snapping his head forward again and shuffling his feet slightly.

Yepp, this was definitely the worst idea in the history of ever.

A few moments passed silently, and I was holding my breath when suddenly the guy sighed loudly and turned to me.

“Look could you give me some privacy? This is kind of a big deal and I would really rather not have an audience.”

I thought for just a moment before scoffing loudly in amusement.

“You can't be serious. You’re about to kill yourself. When you hit that water it’s not going to matter if I was watching or not. So quit being a pussy and hurry up. I’m freezing out here.” I spat out, rubbing my hands together.

The guy shook his head in disbelief.

“You’re fucking crazy. We’re talking about dying, the end of my life!” He shouted.

“Exactly!” I yelled back. “The end, the finale, finito! So either do it and be done so it can be my turn to escape this hellhole, or move out of the damn way!”

“You don’t even know my name!” The guy screamed, angry tears starting to rush down his face.

Shit, I was not expecting this.

“You don’t know anything about my life, the hell it’s been! Who gave you the right to come out here and ruin the last sense of peace I will ever get? If you want to kill yourself so bad too why don’t you just go find another bridge or – Wait what the fuck are you doing?!”

“Oh shut up with your whining.” I muttered, climbing over the railing to stand on the small platform beside the guy whose night I was ruining. Or possibly saving, I wasn’t sure how things were going to turn out at this point.

I looked down below me at the dark waters of the river.

Okay I take it back.

This is definitely the worst idea I have ever had.

A/N: Vote and/or comment please? Hope you liked this chapter :) Update coming within 24 hours!