78. Forever and Always

Elizabeth's POV

Around twenty minutes after I woke up from my nap, Dr.Gomez came in to check on the babies with the ultrasound monitor. Their heartbeats were so loud and strong and just by hearing them made my heart sing. So far, I have been in labor for about eight hours and even though my contractions are getting a bit more painful, they are irregular.

"Everything is going well Mrs.Styles, you are finally reaching active labor." Dr.Gomez comments as she looks down at the chart that was flowing out of the machine, monitoring my contractions.

"From here on out, I need you stay hydrated and go out and walk just to get things moving on naturally. However, if things don't pick up we will need to use Pitocin."

"Okay." I reply and with a polite goodbye the doctor leaves the room. After she left, I turn my head and to look at Niall who was dressed in a blue hoodie and grey sweatpants, eyeing the babies mingle.

"Did Harry ask you already?" I ask, my voice still a bit groggy from my sleep.

He smiles, turning to face me before reaching down and grasping my hand. "He sure did and I am honored Elizabeth."

"I promise I will guard and love them as if they were my own."  He adds, looking at me then over at Harry.

"Thank you." I reply letting go of his hand and opening my arms so he could give me a hug.

Harry's POV

Elizabeth has been in labor for a few more hours and the doctor has had to intervene and give her a dose of Pitocin because her contractions have not risen since the last check up. They have a bit but they are not were they are needed to be.

I rub my hand over my face, resting my elbow on the chairs arm rest, as I look at Elizabeth trying to get rid of my tiredness. I frown, hearing Elizabeth hiss and her face scrunch up in pain. I quickly stand and step beside her to grasp her hand as she slowly breathed through the painful contraction.

"There you go baby. Just breath." I mutter softly, as I reach with my other hand up to rub her arm.

"It hurts." She replies and I lean down, pressing a kiss on her temple.

"I'm right here." I mutter as she take in a deep breath before letting it out through her lips. There is a knock at the door and I glance up seeing the doctor stepping through.

"Mr. Styles, can I speak with you?" She asks, briefly looking at Elizabeth. My heart spikes with worry in my chest but I give her a subtle nod.

"I'll be here with her." Niall says standing up from the chair. I give him a nod as well before exiting the room.

Elizabeth's POV

"Thank you for being here." I say to Niall after my contraction finally subsided.

"No problem." He smiles, looking down at me with soft blue eyes.

"So how are things going with Chloe?" I ask, wiggling my brows at him. He lets out a nervous laugh while releasing my hand and scratching the back of my neck.

"Well things are going well. I-"

The door clicks open, Niall and I both turn our heads seeing Dr. Gomez stepping through before Harry did.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, coming to stand beside me as Niall casually stepped away.

"Fine. Why?" I ask, suspiciously.

"Well Mrs. Styles, you have been in labor for about fifteen hours and your contractions have not reached to where we want them and need them to be, despite of the dose of Pitocin." She explains, her hands resting in front of her, her blue grey eyes locking with mine as I give her my undivided attention.