12. Just Be Us

Author's Note

Hey loves! How are all of you doing? Here is another update I hope you enjoy! Xx

Elizabeth's POV

Once we all finished eating pizza at a local pizza place, we drove back home and Harry has not spoken a word since.

I stayed quiet as Harry unlocked the house letting us inside. I stepped through first before he did; locking the door behind him. Harry took off his shoes by the door before walking past me, with out giving me a glance, into the kitchen. I sigh and follow him.

"Harry, I'm going to take a shower. Do you want to join me?" I mutter, casually leaning against the entry way placing my palm against the wall.

"No, thanks." He replies opening the refrigerator door, not giving me one glance.

"Are you sure? It's late. I don't mind if you join me." I shrug. "If we shower together then maybe we can go lie in bed and watch some-"

"Elizabeth, I said no!" Harry snaps at me, raising his voice; making me jump.

"Gosh, seriously, how persistant can you be?" He says taking out a bottled water slamming the refrigerator door shut, the bottles and jars inside shook against each other in protest. I blink licking my lips, nervously, before speaking.

"I just thought that maybe that could relax you and you could tell me what's wrong and-"

"Elizabeth I said no." He replies, annoyed, slamming the bottle in his hand on the counter. "What, you can't take a shower yourself?" He shrugs shaking his head at me.

"N-no its not th-hat" I stutter,my eyes started to sting with tears and I quickly blink them away."But what with happened today at the lake and yesturday I thought-"

"Why can't you just act your age for once and deal with shit on your own. You're always fucking crying!" He exclaims gesturing his hands towards me. "You can't go bloody ten minutes without me? I'm not your father." He adds, his green eyes dark and cold.

I blink, looking down at the floor, confused, trying to swallow the lump in my throat. I hesitantly glance up at him, his jaw was clenched, eyes fixed on me standing tall, his lips presses into a hard line. I open my mouth to speak but nothing managed to come out so I just nod once and quickly turn on my heel heading upstairs not wanting to be under his burning gaze.

I walk into the bedroom walking straight into the closet grabbing my clothes before walking out heading to the bathroom down the hall, being in no mood to use our huge bathroom anymore. The extra space would just make me feel smaller than I already feel.

I sigh, grabbing the silver grey doorknob walking in shutting the white door behind me. I place my clothes on the counter, turning on the water before quickly stripping out of my clothes. I step inside shutting the glass screen door.

My mind was now running in circles, more than usual. Why was Harry so mad at me? Why did I have that horrible dream and who was the man in it? Was the man in my dream Aaron? Maybe that's what he meant about us having no idea what was in store.

I sigh, hugging myself briefly, feeling the warm water run down my back, momentarily wishing my arms were Harry's. Gosh, maybe Harry is right. Maybe I do need to have a tougher skin and not be too needy and crying all the time.

Harry's POV

"I did it, I messed up again." I sigh into the phone walking around the kitchen counter.

"Why? What happened?" Louis asks, confused and intrigued. Normally, I would be talking to Niall but he didn't answer. Besides, I have bothered him enough with these things.