42. Coated Anxiety

Elizabeth's POV

"You are a bad influence my love." I breath, my head resting on Harry's chest while his fingers gently stroked through my hair.

Harry chuckles. "Yeah? Well that's not what you were saying earlier." I smile lifting my head off his chest to look up at him.

He had a lopsided grin on his face, his other arm resting behind his head.

"Thank you for inviting them over yesturday." I mutter reaching up placing my hand on the side of his face, my fingertips feeling the stumble along the side of his jaw.

"You're welcome baby." He replies looking down at me in the most endearing way. "I just had to get that smile back on your face."

I frown. "I'm sorry." I whisper shaking my head.

"I know we have no fucking clue of what is going on but we will figure it out."

I bite the inside of my cheek, still not looking up at him, as tears quickly pool in my eyes as my mind flashes a kaleidoscope of terrible scenarios of what is to come.

"Hey, baby. Don't cry." Harry coos, lifting my chin up. My eyes flicker up to his as a few tears run down my cheeks.

"What if it's bad Harry? W-what if something happens to our friends, or to y-you?" I question, my lip quivering. "I can't even...why did-"

"Listen to me." Harry says, placing his hand on my cheek brushing my tears away with his thumb. "Everything will be okay."

"How do you know that?"

"I don't." He mutters, shaking his head solemnly. "But what I do know is that no matter what we will get through this. We have gone through so much darling, we can overcome whatever this is."

"I'm right here with you, just like I've always been. You don't have to be scared love. Whatever happens we will always stay together." He adds, his voice filled with sincerity, love, promise and protection.

I let out a small breath. "I love you."

"And I love you deeply angel, with the dead heart you gave life to."

I blink at his words before leaning down pressing my lips to his and Harry deepens the kiss by caressing my face in his hands pulling me closer to him. I close my eyes and let myself get lost in the filling of his soft lips against mine, how our lips mold with one another's like the last two pieces of a puzzle.

"Alright baby, we have to get up." Harry mutters against my lips, after a few shared kisses, before kissing me once more.

"Why?" I pout.

"School." He answers, the corner of his lips pulling up into a faint amused smile.

"School?" I blink at him, perplexed. "I have never heard such a thing."

Harry chuckles. "Come on, love. The sooner we go the sooner we get to leave." He smiles kissing my nose before gently moving away from me to get out of bed.

Unknown's POV

There she is.

I smile watching her sitting at her desk, casually listening to her tedious lecture; but I'm surprise that the demon isn't with her. It gives me half a mind to take her now but deep down I know I have to wait.