24. Happy Outburst

Elizabeth's POV

I leaned into Harry's side placing my arm around his waist as we walked into the lunch room; with his arm draped over my shoulders.

"Hey, look who finally decided to come back to school." Liam smiles at us as we approached their table.

"Hey," I smile before sitting down next to Eleanor. Harry sat in the chair beside me before leaning forward folding his arms on the table.

"How are you feeling?" Niall asks from across the table taking a bite out of his green apple.

"I'm fine, just have a small headache that's all." I shrug.

"Elizabeth?" I hear a male voice from behind me. I turn and look over my shoulder seeing Mr. Heartwood with a tray of food in his hands.

"Oh hello, Mr. Heartwood," I smile. "How are you?"

"Fine, thank you." He replies with a small nod. "Did you get contacts?"

"Huh?" I mutter in confusing tilting my head to the side.

"You're eyes...they're blue."

"Oh right..." I blink at him. Shit."Yea, I just wanted to try something new."

Mr. Heartwood hums in response.

"Well, I'll see you all later." He smiles briefly glancing at all of us before turning on his heel walking away.

"Why did you lie?" Louis asks once I turned back around.

"Because if there is something strange going on I don't want him to worry. Besides, a lot of people try to but into our lives as it is, the last thing I need is for them to think I'm some sort of freak." I reply to him before turning my head to face Harry.

"Can we go get something to eat?" I mutter.

"Yea," he nods standing up from his chair. I stand and lace my hands with his walking over to the lunch line.

I release Harry's hand as we approached the buffet. I quickly scan my eyes over the food, seeing different kinds of pizza and pasta with the occasional soups and vegetables. There were also cookies and cup cakes displayed on white ceramic plates.

I smile finally deciding what I wanted and walked over to the pile of trays on the metal counter top picking one off the stack. I was about to step to walk over to the food when the lunch tray was roughly taken out of my hands. I blink, confused.

"Thank you." A brunette with green eyes said sarcastically in my face before heading over to my food.

Ugh, great Caroline's stupid click.

I sigh, reaching over grabbing another tray but before I could take hold of it someone snatched it. I glance up and saw Caroline's best friend, Emily.

"Ooops, sorry." She mutters giving me a fake apologetic smile before joining the other girl. I let out a shaky breath and glance up at Harry. He was scowling at them pressing his lips into a hard line before turning his attention back onto me.

Reluctantly, I reach and grab another tray off the pile only to have it snatched away again.

What the hell!

"Freak." Caroline says harshly into my face making me jerk back a little. She laughed before walking to stand next to her friends.

"You have got to be kidding me." Harry says, annoyance and frustration clearly evident in his voice.