Thirty-One

Jimins mother flicked her eyes over to the bedside clock. She sighed when she realised she had already been ready for almost an hour past the designated bedtime of her son. She finished the chapter and closed the book, opening a drawer and placing in gently in its original spot.

The small boys eyes flicked open, full of question of why his mother had stopped reading. Mothers instinct told him exactly what he was thinking.

"It's way past your bedtime, Mr." She smirked, tucking her long black hair behind her ear and smiling down at her son.

"Can you finish the story tomorrow?" Jimin asked. He sniffed and closed his eyes, nuzzling into the blankets a little more when he realised how tired he was.

The soft smile of his mother spread across her face like butter on bread. She blinked slowly and leaned down to kiss him on the forehead.

"Of course, my lovely." She said in a whispering, soothing voice. "Sleep now."

She turned around and Jimin followed her out with his eyes, smiling when she turned around to look at her son one last time. With a small press on the light switch, the room was swallowed in darkness, only being defeated slightly by the small yellow night light near his bedside clock.

He watched it for a moment, smiling softly again and closing his eyes as he fell into a deep sleep.

Jimins mother shut the door quietly. She carefully tip toed across the landing and down the ongoing stairs, greeting maids and their butler on the way down. Cooperating in small talk, she wished them all a good night and told them they had worked hard, and that they deserved an early night home. She was in a good mood.

The door of their front room creaked open, and the woman stepped in, being greeted warmly by her husband. They snuggled up on the sofa and she continued to watch whatever he was watching.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to. I can send someone else if you like?" Mr. Park hummed against her ear. "We can get some wine... relax... watch a movie or two..."

The woman shook her head but smiled at her husbands generosity. "No, I haven't had a case since I was pregnant with Jimin, honey. I don't feel like I'm part of the business anymore..."

"Of course you are." He chuckled. "You're the best in the company, you scare me sometimes. It's why I married you."

"Because I scare you?" She laughed, sitting up and pouring herself some wine that was left on the table.

"No, because you protect me, more that I can anyways." He laughed back. The woman layed back and cuddled up closed to her husband.

"But no... this man paid you alot of money for this assassination, and we've left it long enough already. Who was he anyway?"

The man shrugged. "The little deceased boys father I think. He came to us to find out who it was that had killed thier son. We did... and we offered to finished the job."