Fourteen

Yoongi was sat in the lunch hall the same day at a table. He held something in his hand and he was studying it with his eyes. His fingertips slid over the small item and he frowned, it had small precise wires on a green board, kind of like a chip.

He had found it in his pocket in the previous lesson and decided to have a closer look at it during lunch, while he waited for his friends to arrived from their lessons. The green board that lay in his palm was as thin as paper, and about the same size as the sim card in his phone. It had tiny tiny letters on it and silver shapes on it too. It looked miniature but complicated.

Was it a tracking device? Yoongi wondered to himself. He saw these kind if chips in action movies, so it puzzled him to how something could have gotten into his pocket. Yoongi jumped when he heard a tray slam down in front of him from across the table. Jungkook stood over him for a moment and glared at Yoongi before he sat down.

"What's up with you." Yoongi snarled, frankly getting pissed with Jungkooks attitude after three seconds of them greeting. The younger sighed and picked up his fork. He stuffed the food in his mouth and chewed it with his jaw slacking.

"So I stepped out Jimins car this morning right? These girls were totally checking me out, you see?" He ushered his head over to a bunch of girls laughing at a different table. It was subtle but specific enough to know which girls Jungkook was talking about. "Last lesson, one of them asked me out, you know, like a date after school. And I agreed and she said to pick me up in 'my car' at eight. I told her I don't have a car and that wasn't mine. All of a sudden she was busy tonight and every other night too. This girl, she was such a tease." Jungkook rolled his eyes and chewed more of his food.

Yoongi listened but didn't give his opinion on Jungkooks heartbreaking story. "That's cool. But do you know what this it?"

He opened his palm out to Jungkook and his reached forwards and picked it up. He moved it near his eye and examined it up close, before pulling it away and stretching it out if front of him. With a shrug, he dropped the piece back into Yoongis palm.

"Looks like a tracking device, or a battery chip. Did you take it from ICT Studies? We have some in there."

Yoongi shook his head. "No... I don't think so..." he murmured. He looked up to see Jimin and Hoseok walking towards their table with a sandwich in each of their hands. Jimin took a seat near Yoongi and Hoseok sat opposite Jimin. As Jimin sat down he noticed the chip he placed in Yoongis blazer pocket days ago was now laying in his hand.

Jimin was staring at it for a moment too long as Yoongi watched him stare at the item in his palm intensely, like it was going to disappear any moment. "Do you know where this came from? Jimin?" Yoongi asked, daringly.

Jimin blinked out of his trance and shook his head a little too hard. "No. No idea. Maybe it fell? I don't know."

The oldest falthered for a moment and cleared his throat. He looked over at the others eating and his stomach started to feel sick. The pain he was in was somehow effecting his appetite, which means he hadn't eaten all day, regardless of how much his body yearned for it. He sighed and put the chip back in his pocket, just as someone approached their table.

"Here he is." Jimin smirked, glaring at the boy walking towards them.

Taehyung stood behind Jungkook and Hoseok and looked at Yoongi with sad eyes. His whole right side of his face was bruised and purple, and his neck where Jimin had nearly strangled him was painted in a red. Yoongi gasped slightly looking at Taehyung. He leaned over and poured a bunch of money all over their table, making clinks as they spilt everywhere. Yoongi watched Taehyung look over at Jimin, as if it was for his approval before he turned back to Yoongi.

He bowed with his hands besides him at a 90 degree angle towards a shocked looked Yoongi. "Sorry. Here is all the lunch money I took off you all your life." He bowed once more before rushing off, leaving a few people stare at him as he walked away in embarrassment.

"Omo..." Jungkook heaved, eyeing all the money as Hoseok watched Taehyung run off.

Yoongi turned to Jimin with his mouth still gaping open. Jimin shrugged and smiled at him, waiting for a thank you from the older boy. But what Jimin had expected to happen suddenly took a wrong turn.

Yoongis mouth closed slowly as he looked at the money. He rose his head up and his face darkened as he looked over at Jimin. The latter, being confused by Yoongis reaction, dropped his smile in an instant, and they just stared at each other with Yoongis gaze burning a hole into his dignity.
"Hyung-?"

"Don't you fucking dare hyung me." Yoongi snapped. Jimin frowned at him. His insides felt like mush and his brain was pondering what he had done wrong. He stopped Taehyung from bullying him, so why was he being so ungrateful?

"Did you do that? To his face. Did you hurt him?" Yoongi asked through gritted teeth, a thick coating of disgust painting his voice. He didn't need an answer from Jimin though, he was busy racking his brain and trying to remember when it happened. He could remember the people in the lunch hall moving to one end, chanting Jimins name, exactly like they would do in the midst of a fight occurring.

"What did i do wrong? There must be 200,000₩ there. I helped you." Jimin said back. It was much less of a comeback but more like he whimpered it to Yoongi, like he was begging him to look at this in a good way.

"I don't care about the money. I just don't understand why you think it's fine to beat him. Did you not see him? He is shit scared of me now."

"And? Why is that a problem? He should be, he deserved it."

Yoongi scoffed in disbelief. He pointed to himself harshly in the chest and leaned closer to Jimin. "I know what it's like to be beaten and bullied, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, even scum like Taehyung. What are you going to get out of hurting when in the end someone will lose their life."

Jimin started to get angry, he stood up and snarled. "You need to get a grip Yoongi and man up. Your going to cry over someone getting hurt? You said it yourself, he's scum. He deserved every bruise I given him and in all honesty, he should be the one grateful for me keeping him alive because if I had it my way, he'd be dead."

Hoseok gulped down whatever food was in his mouth to make even the slightest sound in the aching silence, despite the loud dinner hall, yet that seemed like an inaudible buzz now. Yoongi rised from his seat too and pressed his nose against Jimins before jabbing him in the chest. Hoseok got in between them after walking around the table and pushed them apart. "Guys. Calm down." He watched them still glaring at eachother and turned to Jimin. "Jimin. You don't really mean that."

"Of course he does. He's a phycho. Beating Jungkook on the first day, hurting Taehyung a few later. I suspect he hurt you too?" Yoongi asked Hoseok, eyes still furious on Jimin.

Hoseok faltered. "Well... it was an accident and I did kind of-"

"That's what I thought." Yoongi and Jimin stared at eachother and the tension was building to a height in which made Hoseok nervous. Jimin snapped away and stomped off out of the cafeteria, leaving the three full of a mixture of shock and anger, some more that others. Yoongi took and seat and so did Hoseok.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows and started to think of how to bribe his hyung into taking all this money. He smacked his lips and took a quick glance at the two others who were silently looking at the table.

"Awkward...~" he hummed.

Nothing Personal - ( Yoonmin )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें