TWENTEEN FOREVER

"John? Is that you?", I ask making puppy eyes. Aww! Poor guy, he looks like he saw a cockroach.

"You know him?", Giant asks me holding my hands and pulling out all the 'weapons' away.

"Joh-"

"WATER!" John bursts out in a high pitched crying. I rush to the kitchen and give him a bottle of water. He drains it out completely asking me for more.

"I'm sorry!", I say sincerely apologizing.

"Fuck you!", he says limping out of my home. I rush and shut the door.

"You're not leaving unless you accept my sincere apologies. I'm sorry!", I say again. His eyes are still watering.

"Here!", I hand him the jelly I made.

"Nah! Don't eat it. She's put a spider in it!", Giant says and I hush him.

"What? A spider?" John asks scared. What's with boys and spiders?

"No! I garnished it with a spider only for the Giant. For you it's pure. Completely free from insects excepts for the bacteria in the bowl that I forgot to wash when I made the jelly. Maybe I dug my nose a little when I was making it. I don't remember. Other than that it is totally free from impurities!", I state and hold out the jelly for him to take.

"I'm not eating it. I'd rather die of starvation.", John steps behind his hands in a defensive stance.

"Wait! What were you doing in her kitchen?" Giant reminds me thankfully.

"I was eating!"

"Eating what?", I ask alarmed.

"A plum cake!"

"Ah! Thank heavens. I didn't know how to use it up coz a cockroach fell inside accidentally when I made the batter. You ate it! Thank you.", that's what it took for him to rush to the bathroom to puke it all out.

••••••

"I should've bought something for your mom. It's because of you I am here empty handed. You should have intimated me earlier so that I would've bought something for everyone. Now I'm the bad one here!", I pout standing in front of Jayna's house.

He bumps into my shoulder a little too hard and I fall to the ground. He bursts out laughing. I kick him in his leg still on the ground.

He should help me up not laugh at me! Monkey face with a monkey brain. No wait! He doesn't have a brain. No! I don't have one either!

Do MRs have a brain?! No right! Yeah I don't have one!

He holds out his hand to help me up and I just pull him down to the ground with me. What a stupid man? He thought I'd accept his lovely help. And I burst put into fits of laughter at the priceless reaction on his face.

"Mom. Twyla auntie is here with Uncle. They are both are rolling on the ground.", Clara jumped into my arms the moment I am up from the floor.

"Hey Missy Missy. Merry Christmas!", I kiss her on the cheek. I hand her a box of chocolates.

"Eww. Kiss uncle, not me!", she jumps rushing to the kitchen with the gift wrapped box.

"Who are you? Why are you here with my son?", you know who is shooting her questions.

"I'm Twyla whatever! Your daughter in law!", I exclaim sarcastically. She and her dementia.

"Oh yeah! When are you both making me babies?", excuse me? What the freaking hell?

"Soon!", Giant whispers smirking at me and I flick his forehead.

We all settle at the dining table for breakfast and I pull out the jelly I brought.