FOURTEEN PRINCIPLES FOR A BETTER TWYLA

Have you any ship names for Vida and Titus?

•••••

What the?! 

He's standing too close and staring down at me. He thinks he looks intimidating like what?!

"Breathe", he breathes at my face and that's when I realize that I haven't breathed in a while. I try but it comes out like a whimper.
Why does this keep happening?! And what is it that he wants from me?

I turn on my heel but his hands pulls mine towards him and I end up bumping into his chest.

Speak something Twyla, you can't let him win! Never in a million years!

"Geez! Let me go!", I whisper, wait why am I even whispering now. And where's the chipmunk when you need her. Can't she see that I am in distress?!

"And why should I?", he raises his eyebrow at me and brings his face closer. I'll get funny eyes if I keep looking at him like this, so I pull my head backward.

"Because it's getting late, because the bell is about to ring, because my friend is waiting for me, because you don't have friends, because you look tall, because I don't want to get another detention, because you're not crazy, because you're stupid, because your ugly cute, wait what?", I stop and rewind everything I said.

"What's ugly cute?", he asks releasing my arms.

"That's what I've been thinking? Have you any idea of what that means?", I question him back stepping away from his face and blinking to get my eyes straight.

"Yes I do! You called me cute!", he winks at me

Eww! No! Never!

"No! Your ears are blocked with glue."

This time I take my hands to the front and dodge his invading arms and fly with Vida.

"Ugh! Why do you keep following me?", he whines in a girly voice standing next to my locker. I roll my eyes in response. He can't even get my voice right.

I turn and start my way to the class when his voice calls to me again.

"If you want this then you'll have to do something", I decide to ignore him.

I stop dead in my tracks when I hear that familiar ruffling sound. No! Not Cheetos! I glance from the corner of the eye and it has to be Cheetos of all things.

"Okay! So you don't need this?! No problem! I love Cheetos!", he's trying to tear the packet open and I run to him.

My knees give away and I'm kneeling in front of him. What stunt am I pulling here in the corridors? I bury my face in my palms in embarrassment and with the help of the familiar hands I'm on my feet.

"Thank you!", I try to grab the Cheetos from his hands but he raises it above his head.

"Not so easy baby!", what's with the baby?

"Apologize!"

Hmm! Err what?!

Apology? What does that word mean?! Have you heard of it?! No?! Me too!!!

"Apologize else no Cheetos from today!"

Ah! Why does he have to play with Cheetos of all things?

"Sorry!", I whisper looking to the ground.

"Ah! That's my girl!", he says touching my cheeks and starting a fire in process. The winds blows away the fire luckily for me.

I grab the packet turn around and when I know I'm out of his reach I shout.