NINETEEN ITEMS NEEDED TO CATCH A ROBBER

This chapter may not be appealing to most people because Twyla is going to argue a lot which is wrong. So skip halfway through if you do not like this kind of disrespect to elders.

Warning: this chapter might be boring! :(

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Merry Christmas Dooms day!

God must've given time for me to escape. Et tu Brute! I ask looking at the heavens.

"Wow! That's a surprise. I have a lot to say, want me to speak to them?", Tom is whispering against my ear, his stance again overprotective. He is the only person who understands how it feels like to live in a Neolithic age.

"Nah. I'll manage but stay with me." I start walking towards the Dooms Day.

1. I didn't expect my family to give me a surprise visit.
2. I didn't expect them to be standing in front of the door waiting for my arrival
3. I didn't expect them to be looking at the stairway and catch the glimpse of me immediately.

"Hello dad mom! Were you waiting for long?", I ask and dad grunts. Dad is a man of few words and lot of sounds. He sighs, grunts, moans, yawns and snores.

I don't dare look at my mom because I know I'll be dead if I do. She'll kill me and burn me with her eyes even if that ain't possible. She might even set fire on my ass so I should be careful.

I open the locked door while the door opposite to me opens showing Giant in just his boxers. Wrong timing dude! The day is getting better. I glare at him and he closes the door smiling at me, his eyes sorry. Mom is also glaring at him.

I let them inside and close my door behind me. Tom walks into the kitchen while my parents settle themselves on the couch.

My mom used to tell me that I have no manners and I don't know how to treat visitors. Now that Tom is fetching them water I have another reason to be screwed.

I didn't notice mom staring up and down at me. My brother 'Ash' is smiling. Beautiful. And dad is having his head low. One thing that I hate about my brother is that he knows we both are almost in the same situation but he never reaches out to help me when it gets messy. There's something about him that he never gets scolded or slapped.

"How are you Twyla?", she asks as her hands wave up and down at my profile. Her voice is filled with sarcasm.

"I'm great mom. And you?" I smile back at her.

"Who's this guy here? Didn't know that you got a boyfriend so soon", well, I did not see that coming.

"You remember Tomeo, don't you? My brother." I say with my eyes as fierce as hers. He smiles at them, his eyes angry too. This is getting nowhere. I'm ticking her off but not enough for her to burst.

My mom is like a grenade all the time. She seems safe to be around but when you accidentally pull the trigger, she leaves destruction at wake. She's scary to be with. Nuclear bombs are less dangerous compared to my MOMMY!

The room feels like it is filled with gas that needs a spark to explode. Where's the spark Twyla? I should do something crazy to make her angry. What do I do?

My brain is haywire and I can't think of something so cool right now. Dancing and singing would only let them burst into laughter. I should try something that is off limits. Like kissing the Giant? Nah, I feel too lazy to walk all the way to his room. Or maybe I should wear my PJ shorts and camisole as it's already night. Or maybe I should tell her that I'm going to watch a horror movie tomorrow with guys.