ONE NEW ROOM

~edited~

Wow.

I exhale a breath of relief, before inhaling the air in the new room that is going to be my home for the next two years. The air smells of wood and some old paint along something else I couldn't put a finger on it. But it is definitely exhilarating.

I go hug the wall, don't ask me how you hug a wall. The wall smells so fresh, like it's made just for me. I take the warmth from the wall before someone pulls me by my collar snapping me out of the moment between me and the wall. People know I'm a sucker for beautiful walls.

"You have all the time in the world to hug the walls later, now get moving." With a proud grin, I turn around, wiggling my eyebrows at Vida who stands by the door, still looking around the room like she's inside an alien spaceship. When she meets my eye she understands what is running through the big head of mine. Coming forward, she swats me playfully on my back. I beam back at her.

Ah the couch! This my place, this is home.

I start bouncing on the couch, earning death glares from my Uncle and Vida who are looking at me like I lost a piece of my sanity. They must know I have no sanity. I lost it when I was born.

We have lot of talking to do, all of which have to wait until my Uncle has left, which is most likely to happen only when our rooms are done with all the stuff we brought here. Slowly we start moving things. Moving, as in pushing.

There are big big boxes, some containing our art supplies and some are art pieces themselves. There are two huge boxes packed with bubble wrap that encases the sewing machine. Beside the boxes, there are four hefty suitcases. Each filled with all necessities and girl items.

Damn, I have to buy a mannequin real soon. Mannequin that is as beautiful as me, fluffy and short.

The two bedroom house is now filled with everything that will be needed for two years. The empty room from few minutes ago is fully stacked, and somehow reminds me of a storage pit, that is about to become a godown.

Outfits hanging at the right places and beauty products lying near the mirror in the wardrobe, it now reminds me of a museum. Art supplies had their places along with the other items at one corner of the room.

It would take less than a week to become messy, at least in my room. I hate cleaning and love putting things wherever I find them suitable to be. So when I search for a particular something, I end up messing everything before fishing it out. My wardrobe is famous for having a vertical stack of things rather than horizontal.

All too eager, I finish everything quickly. "Done?", my uncle asks and I grin widely like a Cheshire Cat. My Uncle is the closest person to me in my family who understands me completely and, not to forget, sometimes gets me in trouble too. But still he's so sweet. So sweet, that I sometimes pinch his nose.

All those years when I yearned for a fatherly love from my dad who was working his a*s off somewhere far away from our family, my Uncle was the one who was there for me. I consider him to be my dad in all ways.

"Got everything kiddo?" I nod happily. "It's been long since I saw you this happy." Those words make my grin stretch even wider. So wider that it hurts.

"If you keep grinning like that you'll end up looking like a witch." I pout at Vida's words and they both start giggling at me.

"You guys are teaming up against me!" I sulk.

"Ah, my eyes. I think seeing you grin was better than seeing you pout."I pucker my lips even more. My Uncle puts his arms around me and embraces me lightly.