TWO FRIENDS

~edited~

"Twyla Winchester, you better turn around or I'm going to kill you."

Slowly, I move my hands to my ears in an apologetic position and turn around to face the drama with the most pathetic expression on my face. I may have looked like a puppy dog. But who cares. I have to say sorry and I'm doing it my way.

I'm waiting for an outburst of shouting and yelling, but instead I am embraced into a tight bear hug by none other than my best friend-brother Tomeo Khiev. I often wish that he is my blood brother rather than just my best friend.

After I make a few gagging noises, he let me go. To be honest, he actually pushes me away. Thank heavens I am stable on my feet so I didn't fall like a klutz I am.

It is him. The one I had fun playing with in my 10th grade. The one who has the habit of picking at his nails, who is scared of spiders, who loves catching frogs, who got scolded by every teacher in our school for wearing low hip pants, who loved tripping me by putting his hands in front of my eyes while I walk, who calls me sista or dolly, the cloned sheep, who loves playing with food like they were flying UFOs, who loves calling himself a vampire or a zombie or Batman or every other gross name on earth, who hates learning but always ends up with top grades and who is too intelligent for the teachers to handle. (please don't ship us)

Even though these 5 years made us stay apart, we still didn't lose touch. He is still my guy best friend and the fact that we still bicker like babies hasn't changed.

"Earth to Twyla!" He says, waving his hand with his slender fingers in front of my face. Looking at his fingers I understood that he still hasn't stopped biting them. I slap his hands away from my face.

"You look the same way that I remember, except for the fact that you're breeding birds on top your head." I spot pointing at the bushy mess that he must've been growing since I last met him about 3 years ago. He gives me a lopsided grin in return.

That's when I notice a really beautiful girl standing next to him. I slowly stick out my hand towards her.

"Hello I'm Twyla Winchester, you must be Violet!" I say, smiling brightly at her, "My brother speaks a lot about you, especially when he's high. You look prettier in reality than in photos. And yes, I rant a lot." With that I finish my short speech.

She seems awkward but nevertheless sticks out her hand and shakes mine saying, "nice meeting you Twyla. You were the one who called me cute right?" She winks and I nod. God, she is so adorable and hot. No wonder my brother has fallen for her.

"Well guys, meet my best friend Vida Carr-", and with a pause I continue, "Vida, meet my all time best friend Tomeo Khiev and the love of his life, Violet Merolla." She knows him really well, thanks to my rants about him. He was, and still is, my guy best friend and I love showing off my brother to everyone.

"If I hadn't known that you were coming here, I would've easily mistaken you for someone else. You look so different from how I remember you."

"Different-good or different-bad?" I ask, smirking at him which meant you-better-say-good-or-I'm-going-to-kill-you.

"Of course good!" He responds like he is reading my thoughts. "You've lost weight and that looks good on you. Moreover you look younger than you were."

What? Is he serious?

"I always look young. How dare you say that I look older? For god's sake, I'm just twenteen. I'm not even as old as-"

He cuts my tantrum by speaking in between. "Wait is there a new number called 'twenteen'?" He finishes by making quotes in the air with his fingers.