Chapter 35 : Guilt

Start from the beginning

"I did not know what else to do Bella, she was my anchor and my sanity with her gone I felt I am losing myself again. I felt guilty, I felt she was missing because of me, I couldn't face anyone I couldn't face Dmitri. I feared the judging looks.. especially when..."

"Wow!! It smells heavenly in here...", I was interrupted by the excited voice of Jace as he walked into the kitchen after Dmitri and Philip," It's cheesy and creamy and mouthwatering and it's Pasta" he announced the obvious by sniffing around and coming near the stove. I felt Bella move from my side towards Philip and hugging him trying to make peace with him.

I did not push Jace away from sneaking a fried chicken piece or I turn towards the couple to acknowledge them, I was caught in the intense stare of a pair of emerald green eyes identical to the one I was crying over. I just stood there taking in every detail of him, he looks tough with all these trainings but tired as well with dark circles nurturing a thick beards as old as the time our child is kidnapped,I have missed him as much as I missed my little girl, I was not sure what to tell how to start I was in lose of words in front of him.

Should I say sorry!!

Should I ask him how he is doing!!

Can I hug him!!

While lost in these thoughts I did not register the fact that Dmitri is now only inches away from me, he is studying me just like the way I studied him. Before I could open my mouth I was engulfed in the bear hug of my husband, I could feel tears filling in my eyes but I was stubborn not to give into the weakness.

I was stubborn until I felt the warm tears on my shoulder, the tears of the Alpha was enough to break the dam inside me. We cried in each other's arms like babies, we cried for us and we cried for our child.

"Am sorry my love, for letting you down. I have promised to you that I will never let anything happen to our child but I couldn't keep it I was so ashamed to show my face to you", he said once we are both calmed down while sitting on the kitchen floor, our friend left us there and the stove off.

"It is not your fault dear, it is all our faults we did not see it coming we trusted her. Jace is right crying over her will not bring back our child, we have to fight and find him.",I told him feeling a new found determination in me.

Life taught me a new lesson today, that tears are not a sign of our weakness, it is the sign of strength sign of our fight we fought in our life.

The doors to the burst open while we are having our lunch, all the three males jumped to fighting stance, but the pack warrior who burst inside was not looking for a fight but came with the news,

"We..we found Susan",

Those words are enough to make us all to bolt out of the door but we froze at the next sentence he said,

"We found Susan's dead body."

                                                       ******************************************

Unknown P.O.V:

I ran through the forest floors with her in my arms ignoring the sharp twigs and throbs cutting and hitting me, I have managed change her blood-soaked dress before we sneak out from there, my only aim is to make her safe and there is only one place that ensures it. We are on our way to there but the time is very limited they will track us down any minute. It took me hours to calm down her hysteric fits, I won't forgive myself for making my child witness something horrific as what happened there.

I can't believe I was so blind till now, all I wanted was a happy life and a loving family but I made all the wrong choices.

#########################################################################

Hi friends,

Thanks for your patience guys.

I know you guys have enough of my apologies so I am not going to do it again. I got married on August 15  and relocated to a different state in India. I am still adapting to the new city and a new language, it is a different experience.

We bought a new home here, and last whole month we were after the furnishing arrangements and all and with God's grace, we will be able to conduct a house warming ceremony on 8th October.

Along with this, I am searching for a new job here as well as, I have already screwed up two interviews and cried my eyes out last time. Keeping my fingers crossed anyway, hope I will stumble upon the right one during this journey.

Thanks for all the support you guys are giving me, I know I have been out of touch with my readers and followers I will try to correct that starting from now.

Fates Intertwined will most probably over with one or two chapters and an epilogue. Hope you guys still enjoy reading this book.

The attachment pic with this chapter is a cover picture designed by a fellow wattpader XXsweetrevengeX. Thank you so much dear for your hard work :) you are really talented in this girl, I loved your work.

Pleaseeee..... read, vote & comment for this new chapter.

Love,
~AnnaBella