Chapter Forty-three

Isabella

My aunt and uncle ended up coming as well. Damian and the boys were always over at our old house and they thought of aunt Tessa as a second mom.

"When is he going to do it?" I whispered to Trevor while watching Damian. It was getting late and Layla was rubbing her eyes and Damian hasn't done anything yet.

"It will happen soon. Don't worry." Trevor smirked not meeting my eyes. KC smiled and went back to eating and I sighed while giving Layla a piece of the cake I had.

Mitchell had gone outside to answer a phone call and he hasn't come back inside yet. I swear I was right about to yell at Damian that he needed to hurry up.

I heard the doors open and I looked back and Mitchell smiled while walking towards me. I smiled softly and returned to feeding Layla.

"Who called you?" I asked turning back around. Mitchell was looking down at me and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Can I help you?" I asked and he laughed at my reaction.

"You're weird." I scoffed turning back to take a drink. My aunt had her phone out and held it up to me.

"What are you doing? Are you taking a picture of me?" I asked covering my face.

"No, look." She said. I turned back and Mitchell was down on one knee opening a small velvet box.

Everyone went quiet and I widened my eyes at what he was doing.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked and then covered my mouth and glanced at Layla who wasn't even paying attention.

The girl loved cake.

"Are you dumb? This is Damian's thing!" I yelled.

"I already did it, Bell." Damian laughed and I looked back and Hailey held up her hand with a gigantic rock on it.

"We did ours two days ago. A little private." Damian winked. I frowned and looked back at Mitchell.

"Are you serious?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Yes, Isabella will you marry me love? I can't imagine my life without you and Layla." He said sincerely. Layla turned around and raised her eyebrows at Mitchell.

"Hi daddy." She smiled and everyone chuckled at her reaction.

"Why? I'm annoying and mean and clingy." I said and he laughed.

"And I love your personality. I wouldn't change it for the world." He assured grabbing my hand. He slid the diamond pink ring on my finger and I smiled like a giddy school girl.

"Is that a yes!?" My aunt yelled. God that video was probably so shaky.

I looked at the ring and smiled.

"Yes!" I nodded. Everyone began clapping and Mitchell hugged me tightly and kissed my head multiple times before meeting my lips.

I smiled as he sat down next to Layla and I.

"Daddy, cake?" Layla asked holding out her fork with a piece of cake on it. She was learning how to use fork and spoons and she was doing pretty good.

"Daddy's okay. Did you see mommy's ring?" He asked.

"Ring?" She asked confused. I held out my hand and she looked at the ring and touched it with her finger.

"Pretty?" Mitchell asked.

"Yes." She assured returning to her cake.

"I love you." Mitchell said placing his hand on top of mine.

"I love you too." I smiled feeling my cheeks flush.