Chapter Thirty-seven

AN: dis pregnancy is going by fast but you know that's how we do.

Isabella

"I don't feel well." I said rubbing my stomach through the large sweater I was wearing.

I had harsh stomach cramps all day. I figured it must have been something I ate.

"Eat something that Layla didn't like?" Carson asked placing some papers on my desk. I placed my palm on the desk and took a heavy deep breath and closed my eyes.

I felt Carson watch me closely but I didn't meet his eyes. I tried my hardest to focus on some of the forms Carson was giving me to sign but I finally slammed my pen down and gripped the desk.

"Something is wrong. I can't do this." I said carefully sitting down.

"Shit, should I get Mitch?" Carson asked worriedly. I nodded frantically while gripping the arms of the chair. He quickly left the room and I took steady deep breaths.

"Alright Isabella, calm down. You had black eyes, busted lips, broken bones and concussions. Suck it up before I kick your ass." I spat at myself.

"Are you alright, love?" Someone asked. I opened my eyes and Mitchell kneeled in front of me.

"No, and I don't think it's something I ate." I said through gritted teeth.

"You aren't due for another two months." He said disbelieved.

"Mitchell when a pregnant woman tells you she is fucking hurting, you take her to the fucking hospital before I break you!" I growled squeezing his hand. He grimaced and reached down trying to remove my grip.

"Okay, okay! Let's go." He said quickly. Mitchell helped me up carefully and we walked outside slowly. I sat down in his car and leaned my head back.

"Turn up the radio." I ordered. I rolled down the window as he raced off and some random song came on the radio.

We came to a halt and I glared at Mitchell and he smiled sheepishly and ran around to open my door. He helped me out once again. We walked carefully inside to the emergency room and I gulped loudly. God I hate hospitals.

We went to the front desk and Mitchell quickly explained what had happened and she quickly called a team to come get me. I was put on a stretcher and looked around frantically.

I saw some nurses hold Mitchell back from following and I began moving and trying to sit up.

"Wait-no! Mitchell. Come on let him come!" I yelled but no one paid any attention. Nurses and a doctor held me down and began putting a mask on my face. I coughed at the sweet smelling air coming out but I soon felt my arms and legs become heavy so I stopped thrashing. I looked into the nervous eyes of doctors and I looked down noticing blood on the stretcher.

Was that my blood?

I went to ask but my head slumped back and I felt my eyes become really heavy.

I glanced at my stomach and said a quick prayer for Layla. I was not religious or anything but it felt appropriate to do so at the time.