Chapter Nine

Mitchell

"Fuck! She is fucking everything up!" I yelled while punching the wall angrily.

"Why what did she say?" My older brother asked.

"She said no and that if she hears a word about us dealing that she will go to the cops." I sighed taking off my hat and running a hand through my hair.

"Can't you just sleep with her, make her feel special and move on in?" He asked.

"I tried, ask Ty. It's not working, don't get me wrong she's hot as anything but she has an edge on her." I sighed.

"She can't be that hot. She's probably a whiny little Mafia princess." He sighed and I pulled up my phone.

"Really, Nick?" I asked showing a school photo I found of her.

"Fuck, dammit this is going to be hard." He sighed pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I found a weakness." Craig said stepping in. Believe it or not we had an inside man on the Rivers Mafia. He was best friends with Nick and got in through Deacon Rivers.

"On who? We aren't attacking them we don't have the manpower or the talent." Nick sighed.

"Nope. On Isabella, here." He said tossing a black bottle with a green label.

"Melatonin? Doesn't this help you fall asleep?" Nick asked.

"Yep. The girl has night terrors. Bad ones, Deacon said it keeps her up almost every night."

"How is this supposed to help us?" Nick asked.

"By the way Deacon explains it she is absolutely embarrassed by it. Confront her, if it gets out that this girl has bad dreams and needs her auntie to wake her up she'll be pissed."

"High school popularity? Give it a shot." Nick said tossing me the bottle.

"Dude I can't do that, it's not cool." I said laying the bottle down.

"Not cool? Mitchell you know you are taking this business over? You do what's best for your boys and your family. Not for some broad who thinks she can run a Mafia." Nick said.

"I just think there are better ways to go about this. She'll have my head."

"I'll do it." Sonia offered taking the bottle.

"What does she have these bad dreams about?" She asked.

"Her parents. She is an only child and they died in a car crash a couple years back."

"Dude you think that's cool? What if that happened to mom and dad?" I asked. Our parents were in hiding and Nick just shrugged.

"You gotta do what you gotta do, Mitch. I don't feel good about it either but if we don't do something we aren't going to be taken seriously."

"I don't know if it's worth it, Nick. You better watch out, Bella said if she catches you alone you're dead." I warned Sonia.

"Bella? Boys give us a minute." Nick said. Everyone left his office and I stood across from him.

"What?" I asked.

"Bella. You like this girl don't you. You have a school girl crush on her." He laughed.

"I don't." I muttered.

"Yes you do. Mitch there will be so many girls at your beck and call. Hell Erica and Sonia will jump off a cliff for you. She's one girl standing in your way. Don't think with your dick." He warned.

"I don't...like her." I muttered looking at the picture on my phone.

"Fuck me I do. Goddammit I'm so fucked." I sighed.

"Just don't focus on her, do what I said. Don't think with your dick."