Chapter Forty

Moving fast cuz ma gurl Bells needs to go back to work and do her thang

Isabella

"No Damian the plates need to go over there." I said pointing to the pink covered table. Damian grabbed them and moved them over.

I was insanely stressed out trying to get this party all good to go for Layla. She was busy playing with another little girl she goes to the park with. They play together all the time because her mom lives in my building.

"There is the birthday girl." Trevor smiled. I turned and Mitchell carried Layla on his shoulder. I made him get her dressed before she went to play with her friend.

"Mitchell, she looks like a punk rocker." I noted.

"What? You like your hat right Layla?" He asked her. She had on black, slim, stretchy pants with a pink and white baseball tee and a grey beanie Mitchell bought her. She also had on tiny, tiny pink converse.

Layla was beginning to take a few steps but not walking perfectly.

"Hi!" She gushed. She only said about five words and she loved saying 'hi'.

"Hi baby girl." I smiled.

"Do you want to go play with London, Layla?" Mitchell asked her.

"Lon...don?" She asked confused and Mitchell nodded. She then began smiling and turned back to look at me.

"Hi!" She said holding out her hand and clenching her fingers. That's how she waved.

"We're almost done." I said to Mitchell while giving him a quick kiss. He disappeared with Layla and I went inside to grab some food and bring it outside. It was in the evening now and my aunt and uncles backyard was lit up with twinkley lights that were white.

A pile of gifts from the Mafia men were set out for Layla and most of them were in crowds talking to each other, however once I set out the food everyone began coming over.

I prepared a plate for Layla which contained fruit and some Cheetos because she loved the puffs. I also cut up some small pieces of cheese. The girl loved cheese and grapes.

I placed the plate next to me on the bench because she rarely liked to sit down and eat.

I looked over to see her stumbling to Damian. The boys loved her so much and she loved them.

"Damian, the birthday girl needs to eat!" I called. He picked her up and brought her over and she held onto the seat of the bench. She picked up a piece of cheese and smiled.

"Eat it." I said and she laughed before placing it in her mouth and chewing. Mitchell came over and sat across from me and handed me a plate.

"Daddy." Layla said stumbling over to him. He hauled her up and onto his lap and I slid over her plate so she could eat.

"Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves so far." Mitchell noted.

"It's Mafia men, if they have alcohol and their friends then they are set." I laughed.

"We heard that." Trevor teased while sitting down with KC, followed by Damien and Hailey and then Carson and Drew.

"It's true, don't even deny it." I chuckled.

"How come you're hiding her hair?" Hailey asked confused. I looked towards Mitchell and she laughed while nodding.

"I see." She said. Mitchell removed Layla's hat to reveal her brown hair that was growing rapidly. He combed his fingers through it and a frown appeared on her face. She grunted and tried to grab her hat and Mitchell snatched it away.

"What's it called?" He asked and she continued to grunt.

"It's a hat." He said saying 'hat' slowly.

"H-hat!" She said and he smiled placing it back on her head.

"Daddy has his hat too." He said pulling his hat off to fix his hair. I rolled my eyes and watched Layla.

"Hi mommy." She smiled looking at me.

"Hi baby girl." I said softly.