Chapter Twenty-seven

Mitchell

"Nice place." I said walking into her pad. She turned back and smiled sweetly.

"Thanks." I placed my wallet on the counter along with my keys as she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. I followed her into her bedroom to reveal a perfectly made bed that was all white with a mountain of pillows. One pillow was black and a bit lumpy and out of shape and another thing caught my eye. I picked up the large pink penguin that was stitched up on the side.

"My parents got me that when I was first born." She said softly behind me.

"She's cute." I said setting the penguin back down. I turned back and my eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

Long black socks came up over her knees and she had on a new pair of black underwear that fit to her ass nicely.

She had no shirt on and she unclipped her bra and her breasts came into full view. Dark purple and red marks covered her neck, collar bones and the tops of her breasts.

"See something you like?" She asked while walking past me and grabbing a shirt out from under her pillow. It was black and rode up just a bit over her underwear.

"You have nice boobs." I shrugged.

"Thanks. Sometimes I sleep naked but tonight I feel like being cozy." She said.

"Damn I missed out." I smirked and she sent me an annoyed look as she moved her pillows off her bed.

"I had this black pillow for a long time and I can't sleep without it." She said laying down.

I slid off my shirt and undid my jeans and pushed them down to the floor.

I looked back and she was on her stomach and her leg was up making her ass stick. Damn that ass, it got me all the time.

She watched me walk around the bed and I laid down next to her.

"If I start screaming in my sleep you have to wake me up." She pleaded.

"Has it been that bad?" I asked.

"Yes and now that my aunt isn't here, I can't wake up all the time."

"Don't worry I'm here." I whispered pulling her into my chest. She snuggled in and put her leg around my hips.

"Goodnight." She whispered.

"Night, love." I said.

***

"No..." Someone whimpered. My eyes opened and I sat up noticing Isabella had rolled out of my arms.

Her body was shaking like she was cold and I pulled her back to my chest and her face curled up and she whimpered again rolling back over.

"No, look up! Wake up!" She screamed. I grabbed her shoulders as a scream erupted from her tiny body and she finally opened her eyes.

"What? Where am I?" She asked zoning in and looking around.

"You alright?" I asked as she sighed and laid back.

"No. I told you it was bad." She whispered.

"That scary?" I asked.

"We were driving home from my gymnastics practice. I had begged them to let me stay and try on the new leotards my coach had gotten. When we left it was late and dark and it was raining earlier so the roads were wet. To get back to our house there is a back road you had to take that had very little lights." She began.

"We were laughing and talking and I saw these bright lights up ahead. I thought nothing of them, I had a feeling it was a truck. As we got closer the truck began to veer into our lane slightly. My dad honked the horn and the driver sped up and hit us head first. He had fallen asleep and woke up mistaking the gas pedal for the break pedal. When I opened my eyes I didn't even feel anything I just looked up front and my mom stared at my dad as he smiled at her and told her he loved her. He looked at me and said to always stay strong and that he loved me and then his eyes closed. I turned to my mom and her nose was bleeding and glass was in her face and she smiled at me and then she was gone too." She said her voice cracking. A single tear fell down her cheek and I wiped it away for her.

"I fought so hard to stay awake and when the truck driver came he was scared and he stayed with me and told me he was so sorry and he helped me stay awake by asking me questions but I eventually couldn't keep up. I broke many bones and stuff and since then I lived with my aunt Tessa and uncle Kane and Deacon. Since that day I have had these horrible dreams and they won't go away."

"Can't you go see someone about that?" I whispered.

"Yes but I don't want to. I don't need a doctor saying I'm nuts and then giving me medication so I can't dream. I don't always have bad dreams. I find that when I'm stressed or over tired then they come on." She explained.

"Don't worry so much. I'm here to wake you up." I smiled and she rolled back over and hugged my torso tightly.

"Thanks, Mitchell. Don't tell anyone I'm weak."

"You're not weak. You're a very strong, scary, independent, beautiful, funny, sarcastic, dominant, opinionated, smart..." I said and I looked down and her eyes were closed and she had a smile on her face and I continued.

"You're also a good role model despite what you think. You never give up no matter what people say to you. If you can't do it you will find a way to do it and it's admirable. One day you are going to have a wonderful family and a husband who loves you and I hope to God I'm that guy..."