Chapter Fourteen

Mitchell

Isabella and I began speaking more and I drove her home everyday so she wouldn't have to walk. We became good friends and friendly competitors.

As much as I wanted to take her out for dinner or to a movie I couldn't so to take my mind off of her I began dating a new girl at school. Her name was Adrianna and she was a nice girl. She tried desperately to be 'bad' like Isabella but it wasn't the same.

Once I began dating her, Isabella did become distant but I just shrugged it off. School was almost over and I would take over the Mercer Mafia and Isabella would take over the Rivers Mafia and we would go our separate ways.

Isabella

Mitchell began dating some bimbo and that pissed me off. She was a gorgeous blond and she had large curves, a thin waist and blue eyes.

I was mad.

No I didn't like him; it's just every time I spoke to him I had her glaring at me. So I did my best to stay away with him because she was always with him and always hating me for speaking to him.

"You stare at her any longer you may actually become her." Carson teased opening his locker next to me.

"I don't like her." I said putting my books away.

"You don't like much. What's wrong with her? She's pretty." Carson shrugged while checking her out.

"I swear every time I try to talk to Mitchell she is sending me daggers, like Goddamn woman."

"Why are you talking to Mitchell?" He asked confused.

"Friendly competitors." I shrugged.

"You like him?" He asked and I looked inside my locker making sure my hair covered my face.

"No. He is an imbecile who thinks he can run a Mafia." Carson didn't say anything and I felt his hand push back my hair.

"You're lying. You're blushing." He said softly.

"I don't like him. It's warm in here."

"We have air conditioning. It's an icebox in here. Who cares if you like him, you can't control who you love. Hell I swear Trevor had a crush on you for a while but then I think he realized it would never happen."

"Trevor liked me?" I asked.

"Yea, but Damian and I told him to knock it off. We're best friends." He said.

"Ugh, that's like dating my brother." I said disgusted.

"Anywho, don't worry if you like him. As I said you can't control who you like."

"We're enemy mafias Carson. It doesn't work like that."

"Is there a rule book? Last I checked who cares?" He asked. I pursed my lips and watched as Mitchell walked right past us and to the arms of his girlfriend. His lips met hers and they both smiled into their kiss. I frowned and slammed my locker shut and looked at Carson.

"You're going to play this dirty, aren't you?" He asked.

"If by dirty you mean be a menace then yes." I said giving Carson a sly smile.

"So instead of telling Mitchell your real feelings, you're going to annoy the guy to death."

"Yep. You don't fuck with me and then act like I don't exist because your girlfriend is envious of me. It doesn't work like that."

"Aren't you envious of her?" He asked and I smiled again.

"Of course I am."