Chapter Thirty-six

^^ Drew Donaldson

Isabella

"A girl!? Are you sure? Check again!" I yelled and the doctor flinched.

"Ms. Rivers it's a girl! I checked three times." He said nervously.

"You're lying! What do I do with a girl?" I asked.

"What you would do with a boy. It's a baby, Ms. Rivers, not a different species." He said removing his gloves.

I groaned and he left the room and I sat up pulling my shirt down angrily.

"Why are you so angry?" Mitchell asked.

"Because this girl is going to have to go through a society where men think they run women, where popularity runs the high schools, where if you are still a virgin by age twenty then you are a loser. She doesn't deserve that." I said.

"And then she looks up to her mom who runs one of the best mafia's in the world and who doesn't take shit from any man." He said cupping my face and pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Still she doesn't deserve this, she needs to be treated like a princess and be respected."

"And we will give all of that to her." He said.

"Just think of all the cute names we can name her." Mitchell grinned excitedly.

"Oh? And what name do you have in mind?" I asked.

"I like the name Layla. It's pretty." He said and I laughed at how excited he was.

"Layla Kendra Rivers."

"Kendra?" He asked.

"It was my grandma's name and my mother's middle name." I said.

"It's nice I like it. See? She is going to be Layla the princess and just imagine if she has your gorgeous white hair." He said picking up a loose strand.

"And your sparkling blue eyes." I smiled.

"Exactly. She will be so pretty and so kind that everyone will want to be her friend." He assured.

***

"A niece! I'm so excited." Damian clapped.

"I don't think she would let her near you." Trevor teased.

"Are you kidding? She'll love uncle Damian because I will spoil her rotten." He confirmed.

"So any name ideas?" Trevor asked.

"We already picked it. Mitchell picked her first name and I picked her middle name."

"Let's hear." Carson said.

"Layla Kendra Rivers."

"So cute. Kendra for your mom and grandma. Mitchell didn't bother you about Rivers?" Damian asked.

"No. It's a different world Damian. I'm not changing my name and if we do end up getting married Mitchell can change his name if he wants too. I can't give up the Rivers last name." I said.

"A little untraditional." Trevor noted.

"As is being a female Mafia boss. But I don't care. I will not part with the Rivers name. I'm a Rivers through everything." I assured.

"Keep it. You're not a Mercer and you're a Rivers." Carson approved.

"Thank you Carson. By the way I know Drew and you have been seeing each other." I said not meeting his eyes and looking at a paper.

"Yea, she wants to live like a Levi." He said and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Hey she is a Donaldson, she may not want to change her name." I shrugged.

"Woah, woah. We went on two dates, we haven't been dating for two years." He said quickly and we all laughed.

"Relax, I'm just fucking with you." I said putting some stuff away. The door opened and my still growing Max walked in with Mitchell. He bounced over to me and put his paws on my thighs. I couldn't lift him anymore and he licked my stomach twice.

"Are you saying hi to the baby, Maxy?" I asked petting his head. He licked my hand and I smiled picking up my purse. I had to begin cutting my days short because I was too tired, too cold and my feet and back hurt too much for me to do the hours I was doing before. Often Deacon would take over if anything dire needed to be done, but when I had the baby- Mitchell would be filling in for me.

"Hello, Love." Mitchell smiled kissing me.

"Hi." I smiled back.

"Alright I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said while waving.

"See ya, don't fuck too hard and hurt my niece!" Damian called.