Chapter Twenty-three

Mitchell

"You guys bunker down somewhere here." I sighed opening the door to our hideout. I made my way to the back office and opened the door.

"Mitchell! Hi baby!" Adrianna smiled. I told the girl numerous times that we were not dating anymore but the girl doesn't listen. She tried to kiss me and I held her back.

"Adrianna." I nodded.

I turned towards Nick and walked over to his desk where Craig was.

"You're both fucking idiots." I sighed grabbing the file on Isabella.

"What did you expect me to do?" Craig asked.

"I said to leave the Rivers alone! Bella and I came to a deal and we were acting as friendly competitors. I told you both to stop what you were doing. The girl is going to cut my head off and put it on a pike." I sighed taking off my hat and running a hand through my hair.

"She's a girl. She is not that dangerous." Nick sighed and Craig sent him an uneasy feeling.

"I have to go see her. I got to work this out." I sighed.

"Are you bowing down to a Rivers, Mitch?" Nick asked.

"I'm bowing down to someone who isn't afraid to kill anyone. There is a difference between success and idiocy Nick." I said.

"And there is a difference between getting down on your knees and standing up." He said.

"I'm not getting down on my knees I am trying to save your life." I said storming out of the office and slamming the door shut behind me.

Isabella

"Don't you look good today." Landon grinned as I walked past him. I wore a short black pencil skirt with a black button up blouse and black heels. My pink hair was waved and down my back and I winked at Landon.

"Thanks babe." I grinned. Being a strong woman around here made the guys fall to their knees. It didn't matter if you had big boobs or a fat ass as long as you had confidence, they drooled over it.

I set my bag beside my desk and took out the revolver that every Rivers member carried. I placed it in my top desk drawer and turned around to open my TV.

I pulled up a report on Craig Newton and read it again.

"How did I not see this?" I whispered. My phone rang and I turned back and picked up Will's call.

"How is he?" I asked. Deacon was still in the hospital, recovering and Will stayed by his side. They were best friends and worked together for the past four years.

"He's good. He is awake and eating. Doc is going to keep him here for another day and then send him on home. Just thought I'd let you know." He said.

"Thanks Will I appreciate it. Tell him I love him." I said.

"Will do, Bell." He assured. Deacon's parents took care of me since my parents died and Deacon and I have always been close.

I glanced at the picture on my desk of my parents and I and smiled. My father's hair was naturally light but I dyed mine as I got older.

I sighed when a knock was on my door.

"Come in." I called.

"Bell, we got a surprise for you baby girl!" Damian laughed.

I instantly grabbed the knife in my hands and flung it at the person in my office.