Chapter Eleven

Landon Masterson 😏😏

Mitchell

I placed my books in my locker and took off my hat to push my hair back. I sighed heavily and suddenly I was turned and shoved back into the locker. I looked down at Isabella who was clearly pissed as anything.

"Bella what the hell?" I asked.

"You're playing cheap, Mercer? Using a weakness like that against me? How the hell did you even find out?" She demanded.

"Find out about what!?" I asked.

"If you don't tell me what I need to know I will kill you right here right now. No one makes fun of me like that." She said through gritted teeth.

"Make fun of you how, Bella!? You're giving me no information!" I yelled.

"About how I have night terrors at night about my parents and I need someone to keep a monitor on me so I can wake up." She said her voice cracking. She pulled her arms away and wiped under her eye quickly.

"Are you crying?" I asked.

"So what if I am? I have been having these almost every night for the past five years and they don't stop. Only three people knew about them here and that is Carson, Damian and Trevor. Someone found out and now the whole school knows. They aren't simple nightmares Mitchell. You can't wake up on your own and when you do you don't know what the hell is going on. I almost hurt my aunt last night and you or one of your idiot friends is making fun of that." She said her voice cracking and tears running down her face. She looked at the ground sadly.

Without thinking I grabbed her and pulled her tightly to my chest. She wrapped her arms around my torso and eventually she stopped crying.

"If I didn't need a hug right now I would kick your ass for touching me. But I need one." She muttered.

"Shut up for five seconds and enjoy it Bella." I said.

She finally pulled back and rubbed her eyes.

"Don't tell anyone I touched you." She said.

"Don't worry." I said sarcastically.

"Good. Now who the fuck is saying all this shit?" She demanded.

"Bipolar." I whispered.

"Mitchell." She hissed.

"What do I get if I tell you?" I asked.

"Your life."

"Gee thanks."

"Well what do you want?" She asked.

"Your ass in my bed, tied up but we can't get what we want can we?" I asked and I saw her blush again.

"Stop dicking around." She muttered.

"Bella I'm not." I said seriously and her cheeks only got redder.

"Seriously what do you want?" She asked.

"Two things. One: let me sell without getting in trouble and two: be my partner for our science lab. I need help dissecting the stupid frog." I said rolling my eyes.

"Why do you need two things?" She asked.

"Because I tell you what. When I tell you who it is I will let you kick their ass." I promised. I wasn't a fan of Sonia, she was a bit annoying.

"Deal. Dissecting the frog is easy and fine you can sell. But if you fuck up on your own, that's on you. I will keep my boys off of you." She assured.

"Thanks babe, I knew I could count on you." I winked and she blushed again. The girl was feeling lovey today.

"It was Sonia." I said.

"The bitch who ratted on me to the security guards?" She asked.

"Yep. She knows about the whole melatonin thing. I don't know how she found out." I shrugged. I wasn't going to tell her we had someone on the inside.

"And you knew?" She asked.

"Yep. Originally they wanted me to exploit you. One of your weaknesses could be used as our advantage." I explained.

"So why didn't you? You saw how emotional I got."

"It wasn't cool. If that was happening to me I'd be pissed. My parents are in hiding, I don't even know where they are. It's only my brother Nick and I. I wouldn't want someone fucking with my parents." I said and she sent me a real, genuine smile.

"I guess thanks a bit." She said.

"Does that mean you will sleep with me?" I teased.

"No you're still a fuck boy. You will get an A on your science project though. Just let me go fuck Sonia up and I will see you in class." She said smiling excitedly. She reached up and her lips landed on my cheek.

"Thanks, you know for giving me a hug. I haven't had a nice hug like that in a while. I needed it." She said softly.

"You know I'm not as bad as you think. I know I'm cocky and arrogant but I can be nice."

"Yea I can see it. I just don't see it too often."

"I don't see that other side of you too often either." I pointed out.

"No, I keep that side hidden. I don't want people to see my true emotions."

"That's not good for you Bella, forget the Mafia stuff for five minutes and I will actually listen to you for a couple of minutes. As the new kid Mitchell-your friend. Not the new Mafia kid who you hate."

"Thanks Mitch. I appreciate it."

"Any time gorgeous." I assured and she blushed again before walking down the hallway.