Chapter Forty-two

Isabella

"Layla, you have to wear a dress." I frowned holding up a dress that had a grey and white striped shirt and a coral colored flowy skirt.

Damian was planning on proposing to Hailey tonight. He said he couldn't imagine life without her so we went out to pick rings and we reserved a fancy restaurant for the evening.

Layla was in boy shorts and a white t-shirt with her favorite grey beanie on her head. She was bouncing around and her brown locks were starting to messily poke out of her hat.

"No!" She shouted playfully.

"Since when did you start saying no?" I asked.

"No, mommy no!" She giggled.

"Layla, you have to get dressed. Uncle Damian won't like you wearing your play clothes." I warned and she stood still.

"Mommy dress?" She asked stopping.

"Yes, mommy is wearing a dress and daddy is wearing a suit."

"Layla dress?" She asked.

"Yes, Layla needs to wear a dress." She began walking over when her room door opened. Mitchell walked in buttoning up his white shirt and Layla looked back. I didn't even have my dress on yet.

"Layla why aren't you dressed?" Mitchell asked.

"Hi daddy." She smiled. Mitchell almost smiled but kept the stern look on his face. He stepped forward and scooped her up and stood her on the bed.

"Hi sweetheart. You need to get dressed. We have to get going." He said. She began trying to take off her clothes and she was soon dressed. I took off her hat and sighed at the mess of hair on her head.

"I'll brush it." Mitchell assured scooping her up and walking towards the bathroom down the hallway.

I went into our room and pulled out the new dress I bought and smiled. It was a tight black dress with lace sleeves and a large space that exposed my back. A little scandalous but it was nice.

I pulled it on and grabbed a pair of tall black heels and put them on. I took my hair out of the loose bun and let it fall loosely down. I quickly shook it out and grabbed my clutch and walked out.

I prepared a bag for Layla with some snacks, drinks and diapers.

Layla stood petting a sitting Max while Mitchell fixed his tie in the mirror. Layla's hair was brushed and clipped back.

"All set?" I asked. Mitchell glanced in the mirror and then turned.

"Woah did you have a baby or no?" He smirked looking me up and down.

"I did and the new curves fill out this dress." I smirked.

"You look beautiful. Both of my girls do." He said picking Layla up and holding her in one arm. We said goodbye to Max and left my pad and went downstairs.

***

Once we got to the restaurant, Layla insisted on walking so she held onto Mitchell's hand as we walked in. A few people were already inside and I met the boys first.

"Boys." I smiled.

"Damn, Bell. You're looking good." Damian smirked and Carson slapped his arm.

"Thanks Carson." Mitchell said.

"You're welcome. Dude you are proposing to my cousin." Carson reminded.

"Fuck I was joking. Hell, you fucked her for two years. Just saying that she looks hot. And she does." Damian said and Carson hit him.

"Her current boyfriend is right here and you're talking about past events." Carson sighed.

"Boys. Shut up. God I need a drink." I muttered.

"Open bar." T smirked.

"Hi." Layla smiled doing her odd wave she did.

"Hi sweetheart." Damian chuckled picking her up. The boys began swooning over her while Mitchell and I went to get some drinks.

Mitchell's hand touched my bare back and he kissed my temple.

"Does this dress come off easily?" He teased.