Chapter Sixteen

Mitchell

"I was thinking maybe we could go to the old barn party tonight?" Adrianna asked as we left math.

"You sure you want to go?" I asked taking her hand in mine.

"Yea. Let's go have some fun, have a few drinks, dance. Come on." She said leaning her head against my shoulder. I smiled and kissed her head and we continued down the hallway.

The golf balls were finally cleaned up and Adrianna wanted to know who it was. I knew who did it, mostly because she flipped me off after it was done.

I passed Isabella and her friends and they glanced at us but continued talking.

Adrianna's hand left mine and we opened up our lockers. As soon as I opened mine a frog swung out on a string. It was dead and my breathing stopped and I stared wide eyed at all the dead frogs in my locker.

Don't you fucking pass out Mercer.

Everyone is looking, you freak. Keep those eyes open!

I took a steady deep breath as I felt my head feel light. However, a blood curdling scream shook me out of it and I looked over at Adrianna who had dead fish on the floor in front of her and in her locker. The smell was disgusting and she bolted down the hallway. Everyone laughed and teachers began running out and they groaned at the mess of dead animals.

I glanced back at Isabella and Trevor was recording as they all laughed.

I met Isabella's eyes and she flipped me off...again.

***

At lunch Tyler and I walked over to the four of them who were laughing and eating. I sat down across from Isabella and Carson stiffened next to her.

Isabella held up her hand and Carson relaxed.

"What do you want Mercer?" She asked.

"What the fuck Bella? I thought we were friends?" I asked frowning and she raised her eyebrow.

"Isabella." She corrected and I shook my head and smirked.

"What the fuck did I do now?" I asked.

"Nothing. School is coming to a close and I have to cut off any competitors." She said.

"You're eyebrow twitches when you lie." I said and she glanced at me surprised as did her friends.

"You all know it too. I have noticed over the past bit that whenever you lie about something your right eyebrow twitches. Fine don't tell me if you don't want to." I shrugged.

"Go fuck yourself, Mitchell." She snapped.

"I'll go fuck my girlfriend. Thanks." I nodded and looked back and I saw her eyebrows knit together tightly.

I smirked and walked back to my table and Adrianna looked up.

"Why were you talking to her?" She asked angrily.

"Friendly competitors, Adrianna. Just clearing something up. I think it's settled now."

"Friendly competitors? She looks like she is going to murder you." She said. I looked over at Isabella and she had the scariest glare ever on her face.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up and read the text message carefully.

You're dead