Chapter Twenty-four

Mitchell

As soon as I got to the infamous Rivers bar, Damian, Trevor and Carson came out of nowhere.

"Well, well, well. Look who crawled out from their hole." Trevor smirked.

"You're pretty fucking brave to be showing your face around here, Mercer." Damian spat. Carson said nothing so that is how you knew he was pissed beyond anything.

"Not only is Bell going to shoot you for having a mole in our Mafia and shooting her cousin but also because you little shit confessed your love and then left." Damian said and I sighed.

"That is what I'm here to discuss." I said.

"Well this should be interesting let's go." Damian said grabbing my arm. I followed along willingly and we went inside and Trevor knocked on a large dark oak door.

"Come in." A voice called.

"Bell, we got a surprise for you baby girl!" Damian yelled. I came into view with the girl that made me go weak at the knees every time I saw her. Instead of her usual hoodie and leather jacket she had on a short pencil skirt and black blouse. Her pink hair was waved down past the middle of her back.

Her blue eyes looked up and an immediate glare came over her face. Damian let go of me and I watched as Isabella grabbed a knife.

Without even thinking I ducked down and she flung the knife and it hit the wall behind me.

"Well shit have fun, we'll leave you two alone!" Damian laughed walking out with Trevor and Carson.

I looked behind me and saw a picture of my school photo taped to the wall with about a dozen knives in it.

Well shit.

"Who the fuck do you think you are coming in here?" She growled.

"I just wanted to talk Bella. Hear me out." I pleaded.

"It's Isabella, Mercer. You aren't even remotely close to being able to call me Bella." She said stepping around her desk. She wore tall black heels with red soles that made her legs look like they went on forever.

"Eyes up here, Mercer." She ordered.

"Look Bella I wanted to discuss the whole thing with Craig. It wasn't my idea. You know that you and I had a mutual thing in high school. I wouldn't fuck it over like that." I said quickly.

She pulled out a chair that was close to the book shelf and she pointed to it. I sat down carefully and she leaned against her desk crossing her leg to make her hips stand out.

"I have a hard time believing a fuck boy like you." She spat.

"Really Bella after everything I told you!? I wouldn't lie to you!" I exclaimed.

"Oh yes after everything you said then you leave for Russia for six months? That's why I don't believe you!" She snapped and I sighed.

"Look it's where my parents are hiding and I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to go see them." I sighed.

"And you didn't tell me that because...?"

"Because I didn't know if it was a good enough excuse."

"Mitchell, I have horrible night terrors almost every night about my parents and driving in that car and seeing those bright lights hit us. Wanting to see your parents wouldn't bother me because I would give anything to see mine." She said looking away and huffing loudly.

"I know, I know and I'm sorry. Look I just thought that you were a Rivers you wouldn't even take me serious anyways."

"Mitchell I don't give a fuck if you're God knows what else. If I like you, it's because I like you for you, not for your name." She explained.

"See and this is why you are smarter than me." I said giving her a half smile and she shook her head.

"You're Mafia had a mole taking information about me for months! He also took several of my members and shot my cousin. I'm not going to let this slide Mitchell."

"What do you want to do? Kill me?" I asked.

"No I'm not going to kill you." She sighed angrily.

"Why?" I demanded.

"Because I just can't, Mitchell! Now knock it off!" She yelled glaring at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes and leaned back in the chair as she sat in her desk chair.

"You look hot in those heels and skirt." I noted and a blush rose on her cheeks.

"Thank you." She said.

"God those heels...those heels." I sighed.

"God I hate you." She sighed running a hand through her hair. I laughed and tossed my head back.

"Thanks." I smirked.

"I can't kill you because if I do then what am I supposed to do?" She sighed.

"What ever do you mean?" I asked sitting up. She stood up and walked over swinging her legs over mine and straddling my lap.

"Well, Rivers what do we have here? Do I get let off the hook?" I asked grinning at her.

"No." She said before forcing her mouth on mine.