Chapter Twelve

Mitchell

"You." Someone said angrily. I looked up and saw Isabella walking towards us and looking directly at Sonia.

"Hey, looking for these?" Sonia asked holding the bottle of melatonin. Isabella slapped it out of her hands.

"I'm done with this. Let's go." She said.

"What are you talking about?" Sonia asked.

"You and me, idiot. I don't like arguing for long. I'll even let you get the first swing." She said.

"I'm not fighting you. You know I would embarrass you in front of your friends." She said gesturing to the crowded parking lot and Trevor, Damian and Carson.

Isabella then smirked.

"I see what's going on here. Is someone upset that their future Mafia boss likes me?" She asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"As if, Rivers. You're nothing but a spoiled bitch. Go crawl back into the hole you came from." Sonia spat.

"That touched a nerve. I guess it's true, it's okay I am cooler than you and I guess he doesn't find me annoying." She said.

Sonia turned and sent a punch to Isabella's cheek and she laughed.

"You want to hurt someone? Main point..." She said sending a quick punch to Sonia's nose and mouth area.

"The nose and mouth. Right on the nose, draws blood and stuns you." Isabella explained. Sonia held her bleeding nose and mouth as Isabella sent a kick to the outside of her thigh.

"Outside of the thigh makes you squat down a bit." She explained and then struck her on the back with her two fists.

"Then once you're fully bent over..." She said before delivering a knee to her face causing Sonia to fly back.

"A knee to the face and you're done." She said cleaning her hands off. Isabella stepped over Sonia and looked down at her.

"Make fun of me again, Sonia. I love to fight because I do know that I am a crazy bitch and that is never going to change, sweetheart." She said sweetly. 

She stood up and winked at me and then looked around.

"Boys I will take you on too. I grew up surrounded by guys like you and I am not afraid to kick your ass." She promised before straightening her leather jacket.

***

I walked into science and went to the back where Isabella stood. She had her hair up in a bun with goggles on and her jacket and sweater off.

Her knuckles were wrapped and she was putting on gloves. I set my books down away from the tray and utensils and she glanced up at me.

"You alright?" I asked gesturing to her hand.

"Yea, cut my knuckle on that punch. I'll be fine." She assured.

I took off my hat and pulled on gloves and goggles when the teacher came over and glanced at us.

"You two are partners?" She asked surprised.

"Yea Miss, Isabella is good at science and this makes me squeamish. Hopefully our arguing will push it aside." I smiled.

"Okay just try not to kill each other. These are scalpels." She said laying a frog down.

"That's fucking gross." I said disgusted.

"Language, Mitchell." The teacher warned.

"Are you serious? You want to be a Mafia boss, you are going to have to look at blood and stuff." Isabella laughed.

"Not the insides of frogs, they are gross and slimy." I cringed.

"You don't like frogs?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

"Frogs, snakes, insects. I don't like any of them."

"What about cats or dogs?" She asked.

"They are alright. Rabbits are fucked though, I had one of those little fuckers attack me when I was taking out garbage." She began laughing as I said that.

"Who would have thought that Mitchell Mercer is scared of bunnies." She chuckled.

"So? I'm also deathly afraid of clowns. It's not big deal." I shrugged.

"I'm scared of birds." She admitted.

"Like small birds?" I asked.

"Any type. They fly around and aren't scared of anything. God I hate seagulls." She admitted while shaking her head. She extended the frogs arms and legs and pinned them down.

"Do you want to make the first incision?" She asked.

"Sure." I said feeling a tad bit more comfortable with dissecting the frog. I cut down its torso and pulled back the two flaps.

"What are these?" I asked.

"Oh she was pregnant." She said and then everything went dark.