Matt Dillon for Rayne

outsidersfanfic

  "I AM SO TIRED OF YOU BEING CLINGY!" Matt screamed in my face.
"CLINGY? HOW AM I BEING CLINGY? YOU WERE TALKING TO THAT GIRL AND YOU COULD TELL FROM A MILE AWAY SHE WANTED IN YOUR PANTS!" I screamed back.
"SO? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? I DIDN'T WANT IN HER'S!" Matt sat down. "Rayne, how many times do I have to tell you that I love you and only you! okay? I'm never gonna cheat on you. Why don't you trust me?" He put his head in his hands.
I crossed my arms and sighed, looking at him sitting there. I knew Matt loved me and I loved him, but just look at his face. Girls were throwing themselves at him all the time! It was just a lot to deal with.
"What if one day you actually cheat on me?" I asked quietly.
"Why would you ask that?" He said, looking up, his forehead wrinkled in confusion.
"I just.."
"Come here." He motioned for me to sit with him on the couch and I did. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders.
"You know I would never do that. The day we got married, I vowed to you and myself that I wouldn't ever hurt you," (A/n: in this imagine your married okay sorry)
He paused, then continued. "I couldn't live with myself if I ever did. You're the light in all my darkness. Rayne, its cliché, but its true."
I snuggled into his chest. "I love you so much, Matt. I'm sorry that I overreacted."
"Its okay."
We snuggled and Matt draped a soft blanket over us. We decided to watch some TV and landed on Family Ties. It was our favorite to watch together.
We didn't fight like that for a while, and I never doubted him again.
I knew I had found the right man for me.